Welcome to Ms. Carter's Class
Welcome to a new way of learning!
As we begin to navigate learning and engagement while our schools are closed, please be patient with me and with yourselves as we learn how to learn from a distance. While we won't get to see each other face-to-face everyday, I am still here. I am available by email (during normal school hours) should you have questions or need support in the learning opportunities. Learning opportunities for my 6th Grade Science class will be on the Canvas Calendar. By Monday morning at 7am, the learning opportunities for the week will be posted to the Canvas Calendar. (To access Canvas, go to https://www.everettsd.org/domain/2152 and select the Canvas tile. Then log in with your normal student log-in.)
As we talked about in class, please keep yourselves and others safe and healthy. How can you do this?
- Wash your hands before and after touching your face, eating, etc.
- As much as possible, stay home.
- If you have to leave your home, make sure you stay at least 6 feet away from anyone who does not live in your home with you.
At this time, these are the only tools we have to fight this virus, so please help keep yourself and others safe by following them. For more information, here are the directions the Governor has given to every person in Washington State: https://medium.com/wagovernor/stay-home-stay-healthy-70d7d8c65d1d.
To keep your brain and body healthy while staying home and staying away from others who don't live in your home, you can do these things:
- Find ways to get exercise.
- Keep your brain busy with learning.
- Read as many books as possible.
- Engage with your iReady to keep your skills up.
- If possible, see some nature.
- Keep in contact with your friends using technology.
- If you need resources, check the district website.
I look forward to engaging with you in this new way, and to seeing you again in a few weeks.
Degrees and Certifications: