WELCOME TO AP ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE!To get an idea of what APES is all about and prepare for the course, you will need to do the following:
I will be collecting #5 and #8 from you on the first day of school. Start the year with 100%! Note that in order to do test corrections for any exam, you must have turned in the homework on time. Please email me if you have any questions or need help at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am looking forward to getting to know you and having a great year studying environmental science! APES rocks!Stay up-to-date by joining Remind:Link for AP Environmental Science or text @82he6f to 81010ON-LINE MATERIALS for AP Environmental Science:
- Download the syllabus and go over it with your parents. I will collect signatures in September.
- You will use your EPS Google Drive to access documents in class. You'll need to be able to log in with your student number and password.
- Complete the following student information survey so I can make the class the best experience for you.
- Read Chapters 1 and 2 from the Miller's Living in the Environment textbook. You'll need to check it out before you go on summer break!
- Answer the reading questions & define each vocabulary term for Chapter 1 & Chapter 2. Write all of this on loose leaf paper, NOT a notebook, and it must be written BY HAND, NOT TYPED. You will be turning this in on the first day of school!
- Go over the PowerPoints for Chapters 1 & 2.
- FYI: We will have an exam over these 2 chapters in early September (approximately 1 week after school starts).
- Complete this math practice packet. Calculators are not allowed on the AP exam, and therefore will not be allowed at any point during the school year. I will help you (a lot!) if you are stressed about doing math without a calculator. You will be turning this in on the first day of school!
- The world is an amazing place. Get outside and enjoy your environment! Make sure to wear sunscreen :)