If you lost your "Get Fit" Homework Log, you can tap the link below to download a copy.
“Get Fit” CONDITIONING PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The “Get Fit” Conditioning program is designed to help you get in shape, stay in shape, and improve your fitness scores.
Guidelines are as follows:
· Participate at least three times each week
· Complete the exercise log in detail as you work out
· Choose activities that you enjoy and that you will participate in
· Your work-out should include a warm-up, strength development, cardio
activity, and a cool-down.
· If you are using a Make-up as one of your workout days, you will need to
bring your Conditioning form for the supervising teacher to sign
WARM-UPS - At the beginning of the workout, do at least three warm-up exercises. Hold a stretch for 10 counts and do not bounce. Be sure to stretch both the upper body and lower body. (Examples: Hurdler Stretch / Quad Stretch / Arms)
STRENGTH DEVELOPMENT - Do a minimum of three strength exercises. Complete two sets of 20 reps. ( 2 x 20 = 40 ) (Examples: Sit-ups / Push-ups / Weights)
CARDIO ACTIVITY – Minimum of 20 minutes and gradually increase the time to 60 minutes. Your Cardio activity must be continuous movement and recorded in either time or distance. (Examples: Running / Biking / Swimming / Soccer)COOL - DOWN - Do three of your favorite stretching activities. Be sure to stretch both upper and lower body.