STUDENTS HAVE 1 MONTH FROM THE DATE OF THE ESSAY TO HAND BACK THEIR REWRITE!
How To: LEQ Essay Corrections:
1. TYPE your essay (or the parts you are changing) in WORD (please, no more than 1 page - 1.5 pages) See Example
- it should look like this!
2. Use any resources you want (Textbook, videos, etc...) to gain additional information for evidence.
3. Use COMMENTS to show the rubric areas you are changing: How do you do that? On Word: REVIEW and NEW COMMENT to write down the rubric point/comment it covers (see below)
4. YOU MUST tell me what rubric points you are covering. (print out or use the rubric that came with your first copy) - they can be written in pencil/pen in right margin!
5. HAVING TROUBLE? Here is a sample Comparison Writing Formula
if you need it
1. Type them out or type the areas you need to redo (easiest areas to "redo" without doing everything? THESIS, CONTEXTUALIZATION, EVIDENCE BEYOND DOCUMENTS, ANALYSIS OF DOC)
2. If you are trying to get DOCUMENT EVIDENCE AND ANALYSIS POINTS (3 points) - you will probably have to rewrite the paragraphs
3. If you are trying to get ANALYSIS AND REASONING POINTS - you will probably have to rewrite the essay and show examples of topic sentences, argumentation and reference back to topic sentences, corroboration/contradiction of documents using transition words between documents, sophisticated writing, vocabulary, and sentence structure; additional analysis of documents, using documents in new ways, conclusion
4. Create COMMENTS for each rubric point you are trying to get back - see below under DBQ Comment Wording
5. Hand in with your NEW ESSAY (with comments) AND DBQ RUBRIC
with your ORIGINAL essay and RUBRIC DBQ Comment wording
C. Document Evidence - (shows 6-7 documents being used appropriately with citations (2) at end and showing how it reflects topic sentence
C.2 Document Analysis - (shows 3+ analysis of documents showing HIPP or HAPPY
D. Evidence Beyond Documents
E. Analysis and Reasoning (topic sentences, argumentation throughout, transitions between documents with corroborations and contradictions, paragraphs with purpose, sophisticated language and sentence structure, conclusion, etc... =- you could highlight or color code these to show examples of them throughout)
LEQ ESSAYS (will be updated 10/15/17)