Growth Support Teams
Students will work together to create study plans for unit multiple-choice tests. Students will monitor progress on a regular basis throughout the course of each unit. Group leaders will be determined based on the merit of previous success. Groups will change at the start of each new unit.
- Actively participate in collaborative groups
- Create specific measureable goals
- Plan specific weekly actions connected to a time-line
- Monitor each other’s progress and intervene when needed (during class? outside of class?)
- Report on completed actions and test result
- Reflect on progress and process at the end of each unit
- Evaluation of Progress of other team members
- Work with different groups over time
- Make positive changes when goals are not met
Questions to Consider
- What should be the goal for the first test? (X/60)
- How much more should the goal be set for the second test? (+5/+10/+15?)
- How do you get a grade based on someone else’s progress or lack of progress?
- What should happen for someone who completes a study plan, but gets a low score?
- How often will team members monitor each other’s progress?
- In what ways will team members help struggling team members?
- How should attendance contribute to the evaluation?
- Someone who gets a high test score?
- Someone who gets a low test score, but completed the study plan?
- Someone who gets a low test score and did not complete the study plan?
- How should the group leader be evaluated?
- Should the group leader also have to create a study plan and be accountable to it?
- How should success be celebrated?
- What should the rubric look like for an assessment of this activity?