Washington State History
High School Grading OptionsWashington State History is required for High School graduation in this state. Different districts offer it at different grades. The Everett school district normally schedules it in 7th grade.For most students, this is the first class you will take that will be on your high school transcript. If you fail this class, you must retake it and pass in order to graduate from high school.
There are 2 options for how your grade for this class can appear on your high school transcript:
Grade Option 1(Default option)
- Checkbox on high school transcript, indicating that the class was completed.
- No letter grade.
- No affect on high school GPA.
- Must take additional 1/2 year (1 semester) Social Studies elective class in high school.
- A grade of "D" or higher counts as passing, and satisfies the state requirement.
- Letter grade will still be on your middle school report card, but does not get transferred to the high school transcript.
- Students who earn a 'C' or lower grade.
- Students who only need or want to fulfill minimum requirements to graduate high school.
- Students who are not mature enough to handle a high school level class.
Grade Option 2(by request)
- Request your letter grade to be included on your high school transcript.
- Instead of a checkbox (default), your grade for this class will be on your high school transcript.
- Letter grade will count toward your high school GPA.
- This counts as your 1/2 year (1 semester) Social Studies elective when calculating graduation requirements.
- Frees up 1 semester in high school to take any other elective you want.
- Students who earn a 'B' or higher.
- Students who have other interests, who want an extra semester in high school to take another elective of your choice (think of: band, art, sports, a foreign language, extra science or math credits that can look good on college applications, etc.)