2020 Capital Bond
The 2020 capital projects bond prepares our students for the future by:
- Giving our students faciltites and tools necessary for STEM career pathways.
- The bond funds modernization and upgrades to high school classrooms to support the STEM career-connected pathway programs and new science standards.
- Ensuring equitable access and opportunities for students by funding capital projects in every region, at every school, except North Middle and Tambark Creek Elementary, which are new.
- Increasing safety and security for students and schools.
- Secure locksets and keying systems will be added districtwide.
- The bond includes funds to add access control systems at two high schools.
- Upgrades to fire alarm systems, intrusion systems and fencing will also increase school safety.
- Ensuring students have enough room to learn by adding 21st century learning and classroom space.
- Enrollment is growing, which creates a need for additional classrooms.
- The 2020 bond reduces overcrowding by adding new elementary classrooms.
- Replacing worn-out elementary school buildings with modern schools provides additional capacity that better meets current and future needs, and helps keep class sizes lower.