Worker Retraining Zoom Information ClassPosted by Debi Doyle on 5/14/2020
Dear Community Partner,
Please feel to share with your clients and partners! This is a great opportunity to visit with multiple schools and get answers to general unemployment questions and learn about community resources. Thank you!
WHAT: “Paying for College - Worker Retraining Funding Program Virtual Info Session”
HOSTED BY: Participating Community & Technical Colleges
• Interested in exploring education and training options for a new career or to enhance your current occupational skills? Need help paying for it? If so, the Worker Retraining funding program can provide assistance with tuition, books, and supplies for those who meet eligibility guidelines.
WHEN: Thursday, May 21st, 2020 at 3pm-4:30pm.
WHY: This session will include:
• General overview of the Worker Retraining Funding program
• Meet coordinators from several Community & Technical Colleges who can answer college-specific questions:
• Shoreline Community College
• Lake Washington Institute of Technology
• Edmonds Community College
• Cascadia College
• King County Workforce Outreach Specialist (representing all other King County Community & Technical Colleges)
• Opportunity to speak to an Employment Security Department representative about general unemployment information
• Connect with a community resource navigator for information on additional community resources
WHO: Worker Retraining may be able to help pay for tuition, books, and fees, if you:
• Are currently receiving—or are eligible to receive—Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefits
• Have exhausted unemployment benefits within the past 48 months
• Are formerly self-employed and closed your business due to economic conditions
• Are a veteran discharged within the past 48 months
• Have not already earned a college certificate or degree AND are currently working in a position that is NOT in demand
Attendee Registration: Click here to register to attend!
WHERE: Online Zoom Session
Zoom Meeting Info: Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 912 8566 1619
One tap mobile: +12532158782,,91285661619#,,1#,023631# US (Tacoma)
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ah5tn4lAu
For further event information, please contact Inez Olive at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (206) 546-5882. We look forward to having you join us!
Inez Olive, MSML
Outreach and Recruitment
Shoreline Community College
www.shoreline.edu | Desk: 206.546.4739 | Google Voice: 503.862.3387