About Port Gardner School
Are you looking for an educational option other than a traditional classroom setting or independent homeschooling? We would like to introduce our school and give you a quick overview of our program.
Port Gardner School was originally created in 2002 as a program within the Everett School District to meet the growing need for parents who wanted support and guidance in teaching their children at home.
Who we are:
- Port Gardner School (PGS) is a Parent Partnership for Kindergarten through 12th grade students who reside within the Everett School District.
- PGS students are Everett Public School (EPS) students meeting the same standards as traditional schools.
- Each student is assigned an EPS certificated teacher as an advisor and together with the parent-educator an individualized learning plan is developed.
- Students are taught part time at home by a qualified parent-educator and part time on the PGS campus by certificated teachers.
- PGS students participate in district and state assessments.
When can students enroll:
- We enroll at the beginning of each semester.
- Fall enrollment paperwork is accepted as early as April.
- Second Semester paperwork is accepted as early as October.
- Enrollment paperwork must be in place at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the school year or semester.
- Port Gardner School is located at 3516 Rucker Ave on the same campus as Online High School and Sequoia High School.
- A full-sized gymnasium is available for use.
- We offer science classes for our upper elementary students at the Lively Environmental Center.
- Weekly contact with your student's on-site certificted teacher(s). (Normally done by attending class)
- Monthly student progress submitted on time to your SLP advisor.
- *(Suspended during Covid)* Two hours of volunteering per month - onsite and offsite opportunities available.
- For new families only: Attend all mandatory training classes.
- We are a designated location for registering the Declaration of Intent (DOI) for those who choose instead, to independently homeschool.
- We provide guidance and support for enrolled students towards Everett Public Schools diploma and graduation, including graduation ceremonies.
- Recommended curriculum materials and teacher's guides for all subject areas are available to use.
- *(Suspended during Covid)* Workspace is available for parents and students, a toddler room for young children and a fully-functioning kitchen.
- One-to-one Chromebooks with internet access are available for instruction, integrating technology and accessing learning-based websites.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can students with an IEP attend PGS?
Can a student take a few classes at their neighborhood school and still attend PGS?
Can PGS students participate in extracurricular school activities?
Where is PGS located?