ATTENDANCE REPORTINGEverett High School PREFERS a WRITTEN NOTE OR an EMAIL to excuse a student's absence. Hand-written notes must be signed by the Parent/Legal Guardian, and emails need to be sent from the Parent/Guardian email account registered in our system. Please turn notes into the Attendance Office within two school days of the student's return. The following information needs to be listed for the absence to be excused:
You may also use the Excused Absence Form.Everett High School Attendance Secretary - Kelli RotertPhone: (425)-385-4405FAX: (425)-385-4402Translation services: (425)-385-4401Pre-Arranged Absence ReportingPre-Arranged Absence Forms are recommended whenever the parent/guardian knows in advance that a student will be absent. Steps to pre-arranging an absence are as follows:
Student ID number
Date(s) of absence
Reason for absence (Please note-Oversleeping & Transportation Issues will not be considered an excused absence, per WA State guidelines)
Phone number where note can be verified
- Obtain a Pre-Arranged Absence Form (available online or from the bulletin board next to Attendance Office window.)
- Student will take the form to their teachers to sign and indicate to what extent their grades may be impacted by the absence.
- Have parent/guardian sign the form.
- Return the Pre-Arranged Absence Form to the Attendance Office for administration approval prior to the absence.
EXCUSED ABSENCES FOR VACATION/TRAVEL ARE LIMITED TO 5 (FIVE) SCHOOL DAYS PER STUDENT EACH SCHOOL YEAREarly Release
IMPORTANT: Student and parent/guardian need to sign out at the Attendance Office before leaving school.
- Send a note with your student to take to the Attendance Office before the school day starts; student will be given an Early Dismissal Slip at that time (preferred method) OR
- Call ahead to 425-385-4405 to request your student leave early; OR
- Come to the Attendance Office to check your student out.