Bruin Wrestling 2017-18
No Experience Necessary! Work hard and have fun!
The Lady Bruins- Cascade and Jackson girls are going to Everett High School this moring for practice.
Arshpreet Kuar had a huge come-from-behind win by pin at 106 lbs vs. Bellinghanm at the Storm Duals on Tuesday. Way to go!
Practices being at 9:15 am and are done at approximately 11 am over the break. All wrestlers should be on the mats, ready to go at 9:15 am.
Order Personal Gear Online- Store is now closed, please let the coaches know if you would still like to place an order and we can request it open again: H&L Online Store for Bruin Wrestling Orders will be delivered to the wrestlers at practice as soon as they are complete.
What- Wrestlers can order their own personal gear online directly from H&L Sports. T-shirts, shorts, sweatshirts and more will be available. H&L Gear- Competition uniforms and headgear are provided for check out, and must be returned. Wrestlers can also order their own personal gear.
- How to order- Go to the H&L Athletics link below, which is set up just for Cascade Wrestling. Shop and pay online. H&L stands behind their work and will make sure customers are happy!
- H&L Cascade Wrestling Link: http://handlsports.tuosystems.com/stores/cascadewrestling2017
- Or https://tinyurl.com/Bruin-Wrestling-Gear (same link)
- Delivery- Orders will be delivered to wrestlers at practice.
December Calendar: Bruin Wrestling Dec 17
Skin note, IMPORTANT! The is a requirement to return to practice and competition.
- Doctors Form for Skin Issues: Physician Release Form for Wrestler Wrestlers should bring this form with them to doctor and get the form filled out and signed. Make sure the area of concern is drawn on the provided outline of body.
Girls Wrestling: WIAA Female Wrestling Post Season Guidelines Information on girls wrestling sub-regional, regional and state tournaments
Weight Classifications: Boys- 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 160, 170, 182, 195, 220, 285
Girls- 100, 105, 110, 115, 120, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145, 155, 170, 190, 235
• Practices- 2:40-5 PM – We will practice each day right after school. Wrestlers should be in the mat room ready to go by 2:35, we will be warming up at 2:40. Always done by 5 pm.
• Location- Cascade High School Mat Room. Located in the lower level of the gymnasium
• How to sign up- Wrestlers must be cleared through the Cascade HS Athletics Office and will register for wrestling online. See more info below or stop by the Cascade Athletics Office. All wrestlers must be cleared through CHS Athletics before practicing. NO EXCEPTIONS. Rank One Sports
• Gear- Shorts, t-shirt, wrestling shoes. Wrestlers who don’t have shoes can practice in socks until they are able to get shoes.
• Prerequisites- No experience necessary! All we need is a good attitude and open mind. All Cascade students are welcome to join us. We will focus on having fun and working hard.
• Not sure?- Any students who are curious about wrestling can come to practice this week and watch us in action. The coaching staff will be able to answer any questions.
Wrestling Shoes- These are specifically designed for wrestling and most brands and styles will last for multiple seasons. H&L and other area stores have wrestling shoes in stock and there are many good deals online.
Register for Cascade High School Wrestling
Physical Exam- This is required. Physicals are valid for 2 years. Wrestlers need a new physical exam if their previous exam will expire before or during the season. (Must be valid through 2/17/18) Please take care of this ASAP.
*No wrestler can practice at all until cleared though CHS Athletic Office. Must have a valid physical exam on file. No exceptions. Don’t miss any practices, we need wrestlers eligible for the first competition.
Athletic registration process: All athletic forms are now available online for registration. You will find online registration information and forms at the Rank One Sports website.
- Register online using Rank One Sports: https://everettschools.rankonesport.com/Main/Default2.aspx?Type=4
(Both links go to same registration website)
- ASB and athletic fees need to be paid in the main office
Help us recruit!
Contact me with any questions.
Coach Sherm Iversen
School: 425-385-5144 Cell: 425-308-5554 (best way to reach me is via text message)