Bruin Summer Wrestling 2018
Practice Wednesday- 3:30 PM
Monday, June 25, 2018, 6 PM
Who can participate- Any student who will be attending Cascade HS next year (Fall 2018)Practices will consist of approximately 30 minutes of weight lifting/strength training and 45-60 minutes of wrestling drills, instruction, and live wrestling.
Are summer practices required? - Practices are optional- We understand how busy families can be in the summer and wrestlers may need to miss some practices for a family trip. Some wrestlers have jobs in the summer, etc… Please keep the coaches informed.
What wrestlers need to bring to practice- Practice gear- shorts, t-shirts, wrestling shoes (Not required- we may have some to loan out)
Health and Hygiene- Wrestlers should shower after every practice, wear clean gear to each practice and keep nails trimmed. Wrestlers should show any skin issues to the coaching staff ASAP.
Required Paperwork- Parents need to sign the Bruin Summer Wrestling Permission Form, the wrestler will turn it into the coaching staff. Permission Form
Physical Exams- These are valid for 2 years. Please bring the district form to the appointment and return the completed form to the Cascade High School Athletic Office. Blank Physical Form to bring to Dr. Appt
Times- 3:30 pm - 5 pm Mondays and Wednesdays until 6/20/18
After 6/20 (Beginning on Monday 6/25/18) practices will begin at 6 pm and we will finish between 7:30 and 8 pm
Coaches- Please feel free to text or call with questions.
Bruin Wrestling 2018-19 Season Information
No Experience Necessary! Work hard and have fun!
Skin note, IMPORTANT! A skin note is required to return to practice and competition.
- Doctors Form for Skin Issues: Physician Release Form for Wrestler Wrestlers should bring this form with them to doctor and get the form filled out and signed. Make sure the area of concern is drawn on the provided outline of the human body.
Girls Wrestling: WIAA Female Wrestling Post Season Guidelines Information on girls wrestling sub-regional, regional and state tournaments
Weight Classifications: Boys- 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 160, 170, 182, 195, 220, 285
Girls- 100, 105, 110, 115, 120, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145, 155, 170, 190, 235
• Practices-Time-See them listed at the top of this page
• Location- Cascade High School Mat Room. Located in the lower level of the gymnasium
• How to sign up- Wrestlers must be cleared through the Cascade HS Athletics Office and will register for wrestling online. (During the school year, Summer Wrestling will not have online registration) See more info below or stop by the Cascade Athletics Office. All wrestlers must be cleared through CHS Athletics before practicing. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• Gear- Shorts, t-shirt, wrestling shoes. Wrestlers who don’t have shoes can practice in socks until they are able to get shoes.
• Prerequisites- No experience necessary! All we need is a good attitude and open mind. All Cascade students are welcome to join us. We will focus on having fun and working hard.
• Not sure?- Any students who are curious about wrestling can come to practice this week and watch us in action. The coaching staff will be able to answer any questions.
Wrestling Shoes- These are specifically designed for wrestling and most brands and styles will last for multiple seasons. H&L and other area stores have wrestling shoes in stock and there are many good deals online.
Register for Cascade High School Wrestling
Physical Exam- This is required. Physicals are valid for 2 years. Wrestlers need a new physical exam if their previous exam will expire before or during the season. Please take care of this ASAP.
*No wrestler can practice at all until cleared though CHS Athletic Office. Must have a valid physical exam on file. No exceptions. Don’t miss any practices, we need wrestlers eligible for the first competition.
Athletic registration process: All athletic forms are now available online for registration. You will find online registration information and forms at the Rank One Sports website.
- Register online using Rank One Sports: Link coming soon
- ASB and athletic fees need to be paid in the main office
Help us recruit!
Contact me with any questions.
Coach Sherm Iversen
School: 425-385-5144 Cell: 425-308-5554 (best way to reach me is via text message)