Fourth Grade Student Games & Exercises
- Tic-Tac_Toe Squares - students play Tic-Tac-Toe against the computer after answering the math problem in the square they want to move into (Medium setting)
- Arithmetic Four - practices addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts choose whole number subtraction and hard OR whole number multiplication easy and whole number division easy (later in the year try whole number multiplication medium )
- Hungry Frog - students match the answer with the problem. (Parameters can be adjusted to very large number equations in all operations)
- Estimator Four - students estimate 3-digit addition and/or multiplication problems with a partner in a timed setting. Then they place chips on a board trying to be the first to get 4 in a row.
- Number Line
- Matho - students are timed as they solve multiplication basic facts trying to get a Matho on a bingo board
- Hidden Picture - a picture is hidden under products and revealed as students answer basic multiplication equations correctly
- Table Mountain Challenge - students select a multiplier (or can choose mixed review) and solve 20 basic fact problems climbing toward the top of the mountain once they reach the top they can print a dated report listing the problems they missed (There is even 2 player Table Mountain Challenge)
- Factor Bingo - students make their own products to make the bingo board before flipping over factor cards
- Product Game - The Product Game is a fun interactive game that exercises your skill with factors and multiples.
- Timed Tables - Select your table and then try to answer 20 questions correctly in under 1 minute. Teachers this site provides a printable feedback sheet.
- Matching Game Match the products with the factors
- Magnetic Numbers (challenging) a basic multiplication facts activity
- Pick a Coin students multiply coins by the amount rolled on the die trying to make a larger amount than the computer
- Beat the Computer - students race the computer to solve multiplication facts
- Baseball Multiplication Game - students use dice to make multiplication facts
- Speed Math - Addition and Subtraction; Multiplication and Division
- Mystery Math - a number game that allows you to guess another person's secret number
- Nim - a game of logic and strategy. The goal of Nim is to be the player who removes the last of ten protons from the computer screen. A player must remove one or two protons during their turn. The player who removes the last proton wins.
- Builder Ted - ordering numbers using place value
- Animal Weigh In
- Measure It students use a centimeter or inch ruler to measure line segments
- Shape Explorer students use grid paper to determine the area and perimeter of given shapes (Perimeter Explorer and Area Explorer are variations of the same game)
- Thermometer Quiz students practice reading a thermometer
- Area of Rectangles Quiz students practice finding the area of rectangles
- Distances Using a Scale students learn and practice figuring out distances using a scale
- The Ruler Game students race to find the correct measurement on a ruler (students can practice from whole inches to a sixteenth of an inch measurements)
- Measurement Tools Quiz students decide which measurement tool is best for the given situation
- Perimeter and Area - measuring with a ruler
- Discovering Elapsed Time students match the elapsed time to the begin and end times Calculating Elapsed Time
- Telling Time - discover familiarity with how we "say" time out loud "quarter past eight", etc...
- Willy the Watch Dog students play in pairs on a game board, setting the time on a clock according to where they landed (telling time to the HALF hour only)
- Beat the Clock students read a clock to the nearest minute: great for teaching ESTIMATION of time by focusing on the hour hand!
- Calculating Time games and activities to practice elapsed time
- Elapsed Time
- What Time Will it Be? - elapsed time problems, digital or analog
- Tangram Challenges helps with geometric shape terms
- Symmetry a tutorial of rotational and mirror symmetry with moving examples, but the Test Bite has a lot of questions
- Symmetry - pictures, interactive projects, descriptions
- Geometry Matho students match geometry words to corresponding pictures
- Quadrilateral Concentration students match pictures to the names of the quadrilaterals
- Polygon Playground (K - 5)
Probability and Statistics
- Create a Graph
- Rainforest Maths - interactive activities
- Cyberchase - check out Games Central
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
- Math Forum - student center
- Math Dictionary For Kids
- Count On (1 -6)
- Counting Change (3 -5)
- Counting Interactive Activities
- Cyberchase Games Central - (3-5)PBS
- Exploring Geometric Solids - interactive activities
- Factor Game(4- 6)
- Fun School (K-5)
- Graph Paper- metric, asymmetric, hexagonal,dot, and more
- Interactive Math Tools interactive Math Tools are Java applets you can use to explore math.
- Math Cats (K-5)
- Math Forum - Student Center (Ages 5 - up) This site contains Ask Dr. Math, Challenges, and much more.
- Math Games and Activities
- Powers of Ten - click on film to view. This is an astonishing gorgeous site that brings place value and exponential growth alive by starting with a picture taken one meter away from some flowers and moving both closer and further away by powers of ten. The view from a 1000 meters away will surprise you. A million meters away shows the earth itself. Can you imagine what 1,000,000,000,000 meters will look like?
- Set - Games of fun, perception and challenge
- Virtual Manipulatives for Interactive Mathematics (K-12)