Welcome all JHS Swimmers, Divers, Boosters, and Alumni!These are our Current Announcements
Girls Take Home 5th at Washington State Championships!• The 200 Medley Relay team of Maddie Pressler, Nicole Limberg, Chloe Limargo, and Lexi Nims started the meet right by out-touching Skyline and bringing home a State Championship with a NEW School Record of 1:47.41 (the previous record was set in 2008).• Then Maddie proceeded to break her own Freshman record in the 200 Freestyle to bring home a 3rd place and a NEW School Record of 1:51.84.• Nicole successfully defended her Champion title in the 200 IM with a time of 2:02.28, with Chloe following closely behind in 3rd with a time of 2:05.91.• Maddie brought home a 4th place in the 100 Free with a time of 52.64.• Heidi Ly, in a stunning comeback, went from placing 15th in prelims to winning her heat in finals and bringing home a 9th place with a time of 1:00.10.• Nicole once again successfully defended her Champion title in the 100 Breastroke breaking the record she set last year to bring home a NEW School Record of 1:02.23, with Chloe coming in just behind her at 1:04.82.• In the final race of the day, the 400 Freestyle Relay, with a last minute change to the order, the Timberwolf team of Chloe, Lexi, Maddie, and Nicole came in 2nd after Skyline with a time of 3:32.06 (one of the fastest heats in Washington State Championship history)!A mere 7.5 points separated Jackson's 5th place finish from Newport's 4th place. The top four schools (Skyline, Wenatchee, Issaquah, & Newport/Bellevue) each had about twice as many scoring swimmers as Jackson. What an amazing finish to an amazing year.Congratulations to all our Timberwolf Girls!
GIRLS DOMINATE AT DISTRICTS!A single point separated the Timberwolves 2nd place and Kamiak's 1st place! All our girls swam fast and hard, bringing home a lot of hardware!District Champions:200 Medley Relay (Heidi Ly, Nicole Limberg, Chloe Limargo, Maddie Pressler)200 Freestyle (M.Pressler)200 IM (N.Limberg)100 Breast (N.Limberg)Other Awards:200 Freestyle (4th Lexi Nims; 11th Jenna Kim; 12th Lindsay Pressler)200 IM (4th C.Limargo; 7th H.Ly; 14th Mai Colio)50 Free (12th Emma Sewell; 15th Emily Mun; 16th Andrea Koozer)100 Fly (7th Isabella Phung; 9th Justine Teoh; 12th Marissa Esteban; 13th Sara Salimi)100 Free (3rd M.Pressler; 13th E.Mun; 14th A.Koozer; 15th S. Salimi)500 Free (3rd L.Nims; 7th L.Pressler; 16th J.Teoh)200 Free Relay (3rd I.Phung, A.Koozer, E.Sewell, L.Nims)100 Back (3rd H.Ly; 4th I.Phung; 7th M.Esteban; 11th M.Colio)100 Breast (2nd C.Limargo; 8th E.Sewell; 10th Mia Colio)400 Free Relay (2nd C.Limargo, L.Nims, N.Limberg, M.Pressler)Fantastic FAST swimming, Ladies!Dates & Locations for Final Championship Meets for Girls:• 10/27/2016: Last Chance/JV Champs @ Snohomish Aquatic Center; Start Time 3:30pm (Bus from JHS departs 1:25pm; Bus returns to JHS around 8:00pm)• 11/03/2016: Districts Prelims @ Snhomish Aquatic Center; Start Time 5:00pm (Bus from JHS departs 2:30pm)• 11/05/2016: Districts Finals @ Snohomis Aquatic Center; Start Time: 10:00am• 11/11/2016: State Prelims @ KCAC; Start Time: 9:45am• 11/12/2016: State Finals @ KCAC; Start Time: 9:30am
10/11/2016: Wrapping up the Season with a Final Double WIN (9/1)The JHS Girls wrapped up the regular season with wins over both the Edmonds-Woodway Warriors (JHS 111/EWHS 59) and the Mountlake Terrace Hawks (JHS 136/MTHS 25) at Lynnwood Recreation Center today.• 200 Med Relay – Heidi Ly, Nicole Limberg, Chloe Limargo, Maddie Pressler – 1:56.75
• 200 IM – H.Ly – 2:22.13
• 50 Free – N.Limberg – 26.27
• 100 Fly – M.Pressler – 1:01.11
• 100 Free – C.Limargo – 56.01
• 200 Free Relay – H.Ly, N.Limberg, C.Limargo, M.Pressler – 1:45.37
• 100 Back – H.Ly – 1:03.69
• 100 Breast – Emma Sewell – 1:22.56
• 400 Free Relay – N.Limberg, Isabella Phung, Lexi Nims, M.Pressler – 3:56.3310/6/2016: Another DOUBLE WIN for Jackson (7/1)The Timberwolves blew the competition out of the water at their final home meet of the season! Jackson scored 128 points over the Everett Gulls' 38 and the Cascade Bruno's 40.• 200 Med Relay – Heidi Ly, Chloe Limargo, Marissa Esteban, Andrea Koozer – 1:59.96
• 200 Free – C.Limargo – 2:02.81
• 200 IM – Maddie Pressler – 2:22.35
• 100 Fly – C.Limargo – 1:02.09
• 100 Free – Isabella Phung – 1:02.47
• 500 Free – Abby Morrow – 6:19.39
• 200 Free Relay – C.Limargo, Lexi Nims, Nicole Limberg, M.Pressler – 1:43.80 (State Time)
• 100 Back – H.Ly – 1:01.80
• 100 Breast – Mai Colio – 1:24.91
• 400 Free Relay – H.Ly, I.Phung, A.Koozer, M.Pressler – 4:02.25
9/29/2016: Jackson WINS over Archrival Kamiak Knights (5/1)!The Jackson girls squeak out a win in a very close meet at WEST today. Final score Jackson 88/Kamiak 82.• 200 Med Relay – Maddie Pressler, Nicole Limberg, Chloe Limargo, Lexi Nims – 1:53.80 (State Time)
• 200 Free – M.Pressler – 1:58.53 (State Time)
• 200 IM – N.Limberg – 2:09.67 (State Time)
• 50 Free – C.Limargo – 25.10 (State Time)
• 500 Free – C.Limargo – 5:35.01
• 100 Back – M.Pressler – 1:00.56 (State Time)
• 100 Breast – N.Limberg – 1:07.49 (State Time)
9/27/2016: Tight Meet for Jackson Girls (4/1)Very close meet at Shoreline Pool today. The girls took first in 9 out of 11 events, with the Shorecrest Highlanders taking the 100 Fly, 200 Free Relay, and Diving. Final score was Jackson 86/Shorecrest 97.
200 Med Relay – Maddie Pressler, Nicole Limberg, Chloe Limargo, Lexi Nims – 1:54.24 (State Time)
200 Free – M.Pressler – 1:59.08 (State Time)
200 IM – N.Limberg – 2:11.65 (State Time)
50 Free – C.Limargo – 25.64
100 Free – M.Pressler – 55.35
500 Free – C.Limargo – 5:29.72
100 Back – H.Ly – 1:03.92
100 Breast – N.Limberg – 1:07.05 (State Time)
400 Free Relay – C.Limargo, N.Limberg, L.Nims, M.Pressler – 3:46.63 (State Time)
9/22/2016: Jackson Girls on a WIN Roll (4/0)Jackson took the win over Shorewood's Thunderbirds at Shoreline Pool today, scoring 105 points, giving up only one event to Shorewood.200 Med Relay – Heidi Ly, Chloe Limargo, Maddie Pressler, Andrea Koozer – 1:57.89
200 Free – M.Pressler – 2:00.61
200 IM – H.Ly – 2:22.58
50 Free – C.Limargo – 25.70
100 Free – M.Pressler – 56.41
500 Free – L.Nims – 5:42.55
200 Free Relay – Isabella Phung, A.Koozer, L.Nims, Sara Salimi – 1:52.28
100 Back – H.Ly – 1:01.74
100 Breast – C.Limargo – 1:10.45
400 Free Relay – C.Limargo, L.Nims, H.Ly, M.Pressler – 3:52.92
9/20/2016: Double WIN for Jackson Girls (3/0)In a 3-team meet at Lynnwood Recreation Center today, Jackson's Girls came out on top, scoring 106 points against the Meadowdale Mavericks and 125 points against Lynnwood's Royals. Four State times were made and additional swimmers also qualified for Districts.200 Med Relay – Heidi Ly, Nicole Limberg, Chloe Limargo, Andrea Koozer – 1:55.91
200 Free – Maddie Pressler – 1:58.74 (State Time)
200 IM – N.Limberg – 2:11.87 (State Time)
50 Free – M.Pressler – 25.66
100 Fly – H.Ly – 1:08.58
100 Free – N.Limberg – 54.75 (State Time)
500 Free – Abby Morrow – 5:48.72
200 Free Relay – M.Pressler, C.Limargo, Lexi Nims, N.Limberg – 1:45.04
100 Breast – C.Limargo – 1:08.51 (State Time)
400 Free Relay – M.Pressler, A.Koozer, H.Ly, L.Nims – 4:06.56
9/13/2016: A WIN for Jackson Girls (1/0)!With a great start to the season, Jackson's Timberwolves earned 139 points in a dual against Mariner's Marauders today at WEST Coast Aquatics. An amazing 6 State times and several Districts times were made!200 Med Relay – Maddie Pressler, Nicole Limberg, Chloe Limargo, Lexi Nims – 1:53.27 (State Time)
200 Free – Lindsay Pressler – 2:19.24
200 IM – C.Limargo – 2:11.96 (State Time)
50 Free – Andrea Koozer – 29.09
100 Fly – Isabella Phung – 1:10.12
100 Free – M.Pressler – 53.93 (State Time)
500 Free – L.Nims – 5:47.03
200 Free Relay – M.Pressler, N.Limberg, C.Limargo, L.Nims – 1:42.85 (State Time)
100 Back – Heidi Ly – 1:01.54
100 Breast – N.Limberg – 1:06.26 (State Time)
400 Free Relay – M.Pressler, C.Limargo, L.Nims, N.Limberg – 3:45.97 (State Time)Congratulations on a season well-started, a meet well-swum, and most of all on the sportsmanship exhibited at this meet. Keep up the good work, ladies!
Food & FundraisingWhen it comes to swimmers, food and fundraising are a match made in heaven! The JHS Booster Club has arranged with two local restaurants to donate a portion of proceeds on special JHS Swim Fundraising nights. If you would like to attend either or both of these events, please let JABC know with your RSVP at SignupGenius. This will allow the restaurants to plan accordingly for the increase in sales that evening.Spread the word to your neighbors and friends!Sept 20th Fundraising with La Palmera!
- When: Tue, Sept 20 • 5:00pm to 8:00pm
- How: Present this flyer to the host when you arrive at La Palmera (dine-in or take-out).
Present the flyer between 5:00pm & 8:00pm on September 20th and La Palmera will generously donate 20% of your purchase to JHS Swim & Dive. Enjoy authentic Mexican food while supporting the Jackson Swim Team and locally-owned La Palmera!Oct 11th Fundraising with Boston's - The Gourmet Pizza Restaurant!
- When: Tue, Oct 11 • 5:00pm to 8:00pm
- How: Dine-in, take-out, or delivery! All orders qualify. Just mention Jackson Swim & Dive to the wait staff or present this flyer.
Dine between 5:00pm & 8:00pm on October 11th and Boston's will donate 10% of your purchase to JHS Swim & Dive. From pizza to hot wings and ribs, let Boston's prepare the meal while you show your support for Jackson Swim & Dive Team!
Annual Girls Swim & Dive Kick-Off Pot-Luck Dinner!We hope to see EVERYONE there! This is a great time to get to know each other (swimmers and families, alike).All Team Car Wash Fundraisers!These fun co-ed car washes are held at the 76 Gas Station/Firestone (Google map) at the corner of Bothell-Everett Hwy and 164th St SE in the QFC Shopping Center. Swimmers from both the girls and boys teams are encouraged to attend. Shifts are 11:00am-1:00pm and 1:00-3:00pm. Click here to sign up!
Team DinnersJHS Swim & Dive team dinners are an easy way for the team to come together for social time, to get to know one another, learn the team cheers, eat good food, and have fun. Please mark these dinners on your calendar.
- Sun, Aug 21
- Sun, Aug 28
- Sat, Sept 17
- Sat, Aug 27 (Koozer Home): 5:00-8:00pm
- Sat, Sept 10 (Cougar Park): 5:00-8:00pm
- Sat, Sept 17 (Pressler Home): 4:30-7:30pm
- Fri, Sept 23 (Willis Tucker Park): 5:00-8:00pm
- Wed, Sept 28 (Pine Meadow Park): 5:00-8:00pm
- Sat, Oct 8 (Limberg Home): 5:00-8:00pm
2016 JHS Girls Swim has begun!Here are some important points for this season:Team Suit Ordering: This year girls suits will be ordered online individually. Orders MUST be placed by 9am (PST) Friday, August 26th. No Exceptions! Please complete the order confirmation sheet in the swim packet and bring to practice.Suit style: Speedo "Got You" in Kelly Green.
- Suit size 26 or larger should be ordered through Sylvia's:
- Go to: www.goswim.com.
- Click red MyTeams button.
- Create account or login to existing account.
- Join a Team. Enter case sensitive Team Code (JACKSON) and case sensitive Team Password (timberwolves). Click Join Team.
- Click Team Store button.
- Select suit(s) and size(s) and add to cart -- select and add each suit to cart individually.
- Proceed to checkout.
- Select "Ship to Jackson High School".
- Click Continue to enter billing address details.
- Click Continue to enter credit card information.
- Click Complete Order.
Team Apparel: As with the suits, team apparel will be ordered online. All swimmers are required to purchase the Adult Cotton T-Shirt ($12.90). All other apparel is optional. All orders must be placed by Tuesday, August 30th. No exchanges or returns. Orders will be delivered to Jackson and distributed at practice.
- Suit size 24 or smaller should be ordered through SwimOutlet.
- Go to: www.swimoutlet.com.
- Click My Account to create an account or login to existing account.
- Search "speedo got you youth".
- Select girls suit.
- Select "Kelly Green".
- Select size & quantity.
- Click Add to Cart.
- Click Proceed to Checkout.
- Choose shipping option.
- Enter shipping and payment information.
- Click Place Your Order.
First meet of the season: Tuesday, September 13th @ WEST Coast Aquatics.This is a home meet and we need all hands on deck. Parents, please arrive no later than 2:10pm. Meet starts promptly at 2:30pm.
- Go to: https://jackswim.itemorder.com.
- Select Adult Cotton T-Shirt ($12.90).
- Select quantity and size.
- Click Add to Cart.
- Select any other apparel, quantities, and sizes. Add to Cart.
- Click Checkout Now.
- Confirm items in shopping cart.
- Click Checkout.
- Enter Athlete name & Customer information. Click Next Step.
- Enter Credit Card information. Click Next Step.
- Click Complete Order.