Everett Public Schools eLearning System
MOODLE - Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment
Common Activities and Resources:
- Assignments - Assignments allow the teacher to specify a task that requires students to prepare digital content (any format) and submit it by uploading it to the server.
- Blog - Students can only see the blogs of those with which they share a class.
- Chats - The Chat module allows participants to have a real-time, synchronous discussion via the web.
- Choices - the teacher asks a question and specifies a choice of multiple responses. Useful as a quick poll to stimulate thinking about a topic.
- Database Activity - The Database module allows the teacher and/or students to build, display and search a bank of record entries about any conceivable topic.
- Forums - This activity allows online discussions of topics by students in their own time.
- Glossary - This activity allows participants to create and maintain a list of definitions, like a dictionary. The entries can be searched or browsed in many different formats.
- Journals - This module is a reflective activity.
- Quizzes - This module allows the teacher to design tests, consisting of multiple choice, true-false, and short answer questions.
- Resources - These include creating Text and HTML pages, linking to files and web pages, and displaying a directory of files.
- Wikis - This enables documents to be authored collectively.