Port Gardner offers excellent kindergarten classes to accompany your homeschool instruction. Our classes never have more than 15 students and last a little over 2 hours per class, including a short recess type break in our big gymnasium. Kindergartners will gain classroom experience, make friends, and have excellent academic opportunities in beginning reading, writing, art, math, and science! Students are provided with hands on learning centers and engaging integrated activities.
All children entering kindergarten must be five years old by August 31. However, if a child turns five years old by October 31, the child may be eligible for kindergarten through the Early Entrance Program. Early Entrance Program Information is available at our office, or you may call the Early Entrance Program at 425-385-4068. General registration documents are also available.
To enroll in our program, call 425-385-5150 or drop by our office (3516 Rucker Avenue in the long white building West of Sequoia High School). Just ask for an enrollment packet. If you'd like to get a head start you can fill out an Enrollment Form then print it out and bring it with you to our office.
To enroll in the Port Gardner School you will need:
- Identification and proof of immunization are required for all students entering Everett Public Schools for the first time.
- Students transferring from another district should bring transcripts from their previous school.
- Parents of kindergarten and first grade children must:
- present a birth certificate to show proof of age
- a utility bill or rental agreement confirming the child's residential address.
Required forms for registration:
- Enrollment Form (Fill out the form online; print out a copy to take to school.)
- Kindergarten Questionaire This helps the school and your child's teacher get to know your child better--even before school starts.
- Previous School Experience Questionaire This form is designed to help develop a smooth transition into kindergarten and more early learning connections.
- Home Language Survey This form, required by the state, documents languages spoken in your home. "SSID" stands for State Student Identifier; your child will be assigned this number later, so you can leave this line blank.
- WA Certificate of Immunization Status This documents what vaccines your child has received and when.
- Annual Health History This provides the school with important medical information about your child.
We hope to see you soon!