About Our Program
Homeschool families are invited to participate in our parent partnership program.
Here are some things you might want to know...
- Port Gardner is located at 3516 Rucker AV in the long white building west of Sequoia High School.
- We have several large classrooms along with all of the supplies and equipment needed for instruction.
- A full-sized gymnasium is available for use with parent-supervision.
- We are excited to offer science classes at the Lively Environmental Center, drama productions in partnership with Evergreen Middle School, and many other engaging course offerings.
- A vast library of curriculum materials including textbooks, science kits, workbooks, and teacher's manuals is available for checkout.
- Workspace is available for parents and students, a toddler room for young children, and a fully functioning kitchen for lunch preparation.
- Learning allocation for the purchase of curriculum materials is available each semester for full-time students.
- Over forty computers and Chromebooks with internet access are available for instruction, integrating technology and accessing learning-based websites.
- Onsite and home-based access to Online Learning curriculum and Online High School are available for enrolled students.
- State of the art technology is used as part of class instruction, including presentation systems, computer labs, and digital equipment.
- We are a designated location for registering the Declaration of Intent to Provide Home-based Instruction.
- Professional academic guidance is available to help with achieving and coordinating high school credits and graduation requirements.
- Standardized testing is provided in the spring for annual assessment of students receiving home-based instruction.
- Access is provided to Everett Public Schools workshops and training activities for students and parents including math, reading, writing, science, technology, test preparedness, and more.
- We provide guidance and support towards Everett Public Schools diploma and graduation, including graduation ceremonies.
- Weekly contact with a certificated teacher is required.
- Monthly progress submitted to student learning plan advisor.
- 2 hours of volunteering per month - onsite and offsite opportunities available.