To earn a diploma, students in the classes of 2018, 2019, and 2020 are required to meet standard on the English Language Arts Smarter Balanced Assessment, Math Smarter Balanced Assessment or Exit Exam. Students in the classes of 2021 and beyond will have an additional requirement of meeting standard on the Washington Comprehensive Assessment of Science (WCAS). For additional information, visit http://www.k12.wa.us/assessment/StateTesting.
Smarter Balanced, Math Exit Exams, and the NEW Science Assessments
The Smarter Balanced English Language Arts (ELA) and Math Assessments are administered online. These assessments adapt to student’s ability, giving teachers and parents better information to help students succeed. Students who meet standard on the SBA with a Level 3 or 4 are considered College and Career Ready, and may be placed directly into credit-bearing courses at Washington State colleges and universities.
- Students assigned the ELA SBA include all sophomores, juniors that have not met College and Career Readiness standards and seniors who have not met graduation requirements.
- Students assigned the Math SBA include all sophomores, juniors that have not met College and Career Readiness standards and seniors that have not met math graduation requirements.
Headsets are required for the online exams. Students are encouraged to bring their own on test days.
The Algebra and Geometry Exit Exams are paper and pencil exams only for seniors who have not yet met math standards. June 2018 will be the final administration of the math exit exams.
The Washington Comprehensive Assessment of Science (WCAS) is new this year! Required only for juniors the spring of 2018, and administered online, the new science test will not be a graduation requirement until the year 2021. WCAS results will give students solid information about their science skills and support future science course decisions.
Spring 2018 Assessment Test Dates
Everett School District has scheduled 4 dates as Late Arrival options for non testing students. Depending upon course grades, students not assigned to test may be scheduled to attend Academic Tutorial classes. Testing will take place in the Administration (A) Building.
- May 22 and 24 ELA SBA - Late Arrival for non testing, non Academic Tutorial students
- May 30 Math SBA - Late Arrival for non testing, non Academic Tutorial students
- June 5 Algebra Exit Exam - Late Arrival for non testing, non Academic Tutorial students
- June 5 WCAS - Late Arrival for non testing, non Academic
- June 6 Geometry Exit Exam - No Late Arrival
Late Arrival Bus Information
School buses will run on regular routes and provide TWO pickup times: the regularly scheduled time for students assigned an Exam and Academic Tutorials, and a 3 hour late pickup for Late Arrival students.
For additional questions about assessment graduation requirements or Everett High School's spring testing schedule, please email Anne LaRue at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425.385.4487.