UPDATE: Summer 2020 Student Internship Information
Find your passion! Create your future!
In light of the Governor’s Stay Home Stay Healthy proclamation, the closure of school buildings through the duration of the school year, and uncertainty of ability to host in-person summer internship programs, Everett Career Link has been redesigned as an online experience for summer 2020.
The summer 2020 Career Exploration, Networks, and Mentorships online course will provide high school students the unique opportunity to engage in career learning up-close while social distancing.
The Career Exploration, Networks, and Mentorships course will:
- Run from Jun 29 – August 14 (six weeks)
- Award students with .5 CTE credits
- Focus on regional in-demand careers with global career awareness
- Include activities such as virtual worksite tours, employer presentations, panel discussions and real-world projects connected to regional career opportunities
Benefits to students include:
- Exploration of career options in various fields
- Build community connections and networks by connecting with students from across the district and employers from across the region
- Enhance employability and 21st Century skills
- Inform and motivate course and career planning
- Boost resume and college application
May 4 – May 15: Career Specialists and Internship teachers talk with students about the summer 2020 opportunity
May 22: Students confirm interest in participation in summer 2020 course
June 5: Student paperwork and course registration complete
June 29 – August 14: Career Exploration, Networks, and Mentorships online course
To Learn More
Each high school has a career specialist and/or an internship teacher ready to help with this process.
Sequoia High School: Career Specialists: Tricia Schuldt