Hello Amazing Third Grade Families!
My name is Lauren Grogan and I am so excited to welcome your student into Third Grade. This will be my second year at View Ridge, and I could not be more excited. We truly have an incredible community of educators and families that work together to support student learning.
I hope all is well and you are staying safe during these unpredictable times. Our third grade team got together today and drafted a daily schedule for you to use to help guide your student’s learning at home. We provided bullet pointed lists for each day including reading, packet work, and online tasks (if internet and computers are available).
We want your student to continue reading and learning new life skills. Take the opportunity to spend time with your student. Teach them skills that they can use as they grow up – like how to complete certain chores, how to use certain appliances or tools in your home, or just how to show respect and kindness to others in our lives.
If you do have access to computers or the internet, have your student log on to Google Classroom 1-2 times per week to stay in touch with their classmates and complete some fun questions/assignments. Also, I will be available to chat on Google Classroom – Please don’t be a stranger!
iReady is a great online resource that will help provide math and reading lessons to your child. If possible, 45 minutes in math and 45 minutes in reading is ideal.
Other news, I have set up my school phone to transfer to my cell phone since I won’t always be at the school. Please reach out to me with questions or concerns. More than anything, I hope families can use this time to hang out with each other, learn new skills, and be there for others in our community as we all navigate this strange and uncertain time.
Best wishes to everyone and their families!
3rd Grade Teacher
View Ridge Elementary
Some amazing learning support resources available through the Student Tools QuickLink include:
- iReady: https://www.everettsd.org/domain/2152 Excellent resource to support student learning. Each student works through their very own designated learning path.
-Prodigy: https://www.prodigygame.com/dashboard/#classes Fun, interactive math game for students to "battle" their classmates. This is a great way for students to stay engaged and connected while practicing math strategies outside of the classroom.
- Typing Club: https://www.everettsd.org/domain/2152 Just 15 minutes a day will support students typing skills.
- Accelerated Reader: https://www.everettsd.org/domain/2152 Students can test their knowledge of recently read books through Accelerated Reader.
- Canvas:https://www.everettsd.org/domain/2152 This will take them to a world filled with National Geographic reading materials and games to support their learning.
- Discovery Education: https://www.everettsd.org/domain/2152This resource allows students to watch interesting videos and create imaginitive boards of their own to show what they learned from the video.
-Epic: https://www.getepic.com/ Students are able to find books to read, listen to, and take AR tests on.