Hello Amazing Third Grade Families!
My name is Tiffany Parks and I am so excited to welcome your student into Third Grade. This will be my first year at View Ridge, and I could not be more excited. We truly have an incredible community of educators and families that work together to support student learning. I can't wait to get started. :)
Thank you so much for your understanding, patience and support during this challenging time. In lieu of the recent school closures we have printed and put together learning materials for students to work on while outside of the classroom. We are also working hard to provide online learning supports. Please make sure that your student is checking google classroom as well as this website for any updates and or links to support their learning while at home these next few weeks. Again, thank you so very much for your continued support. I can't wait until we get back into the classroom.
Some amazing learning support resources available through the Student Tools QuickLink include:
- iReady: Excellent resource to support student learning. Each student works through their very own designated learning path.
-Prodigy: Fun, interactive math game for students to "battle" their classmates. This is a great way for students to stay engaged and connected while practicing math strategies outside of the classroom.
- Typing Club: Just 15 minutes a day will support students typing skills.
- Accelerated Reader: Students can test their knowledge of recently read books through Accelerated Reader.
- Canvas: This will take them to a world filled with National Geographic reading materials and games to support their learning.
- Discovery Education: This resource allows students to watch interesting videos and create imaginative boards of their own to show what they learned from the video.
Instructions on how to log into Google Classroom from home:
On a computer google: https://classroom.google.com/ You will need to have your student sign in with their school specific email address. firstname.lastname@example.org (Please see their personalized log in info sheet.) Once your student signs in, a “Rapid Identity” screen will pop up from Everett Public Schools. This is where your student will enter in their student number (ex. 123456) for the username as well as password. Once they sign in it should take them to our google classroom where they can see all assignments completed so far this year, and any comments from their classmates.
Thank you for ALL for your continued support. I will miss your students terribly but will be available via email. Please feel free to reach out with any questions, comments, or concerns. Stay safe, healthy andactive. Can’t wait until we return!!!