Everett Public Schools strives to include diverse voices, thoughts, suggestions and input in district decisions. We provide opportunities for families, community members, students and staff to express what works well and what might work better to create a positive social and academic climate in our schools. Below are some recent district-level engagements and results. Thank you for your participation.
May 19 - 23: Academic and Student Well-being Recovery Plan
Results: Community feedback indicated the plan needs more details and specifics and language more accessible to the general public.
Resulting action: We created a DRAFT narrative of the plan to make it more readable, while still staying with the OSPI parameters.
May 6-9, 2021: ThoughtExchange to gather thoughts about extra supports needed
"What are some impactful strategies we can use to help your child prepare for learning in the next grade level?
May 3, 2021: Let's Connect run by region and in Spanish.
- What’s working with your student’s learning experience at this time?
- What can we do to improve the learning experience?
- What school experiences would you like your student to have between now and the end of the school year?
- In what ways can we better support students’ academic learning?
- In what ways can we better support students’ social-emotional learning?
Results: Summary of common themes
April 28 - May 5, 2021: Fall 2021 Planning Survey
March 2021: ThoughtExhange to gather thoughts about 2021 Commencement