Welcome to Ms. Tibbits' Class
I hope you are all staying safe and healthy during this challenging time!
Today, Cedar Wood staff met to recieve training on how to proceed with engaging students in virtual learning throughout the closure. We are in the process of updating our teacher websites so you have a central location for all information and resources to utilize during this time. Please regularly check for updates on my website. The virtual tools that we will be utilizing most will be those that students are already familiar with, and will likely include Google Classroom, Canvas and Zoom. While plans are still developing, my current plan is to regularly post tasks for students to access.
425-385-7780Please email me at any time with any questions, concerns or news to share.
COVID 19 - Remote Learning 2020
--My plan is to keep things simple. Try to incorporate the following blocks of time into each weekday:
- Academic Time - 2 blocks each day (one AM and one PM), 1-2 hours in length
- Reading - engagement in Novel Study or self selected texts
- Writing - daily journaling/response to prompts
- Math - engagement in Khan Academy, iReady or EnVision
- Project-Based Learning - engagement in HC Projects, other projects TBD
- Creative Time/Game Time - 1 block each day
- Art projects
- Board games/card games
- Eletronic games
- Active/Outdoor Time - 1 block each day
- Get that heart rate up doing something you enjoy - just remember social distancing!
Google Apps (Classroom, Docs, links to other sites)
If you're at the district login page, it's just your ID# and password. If you land on a Google login, your username is YourIDemail@example.com. Then it will send you to the district login page, which is your ID# and password.
If it says "You need permission" or "Access Denied" go to the top right of that web page and log out any other users logged in to Google. Then try the link again.