Welcome to Mr. Bresko's Class
Home Page 2020-21
Fitness & Health
Physical Education is a class that will teach lifelong fitness & lifelong health. The Goal is to be able to take these practices into adulthood and maintain a knowledge of the components of Fitness & health directly related to your life to make healthy choices. This class is also designed for fun and stress reduction. Mr. Bresko wants to be your personal assistant in helping you be successful with your education.
Find important weekly information here...
School Schedule "A" Day Monday & Wednesday School Schedule "B" Day Tuesday & Thursday
1st Period: 8:00-9:15am 2nd Period: 8:00-9:15am
3rd Period: 9:30-10:45am 4th Period: 9:30-10:45am
Lunch: 11-11:30am Lunch: 11-11:30am
5th Period: 11:45-1:00pm 6th Period: 11:45-1:00pm
7th Period: 1:15-2:35pm Directed Independent Learning 1:15-2:35pm
1st Period: 8-8:25am
2nd Period: 8:35-9am
3rd Period: 9:10-9:35am
4th Period: 9:45am-10:10am
5th Period: 10:20-10:45am
6th Period: 10:55-11:20am
7th Period: 11:30-11:55am
Here is contact information to get a hold of Mr. Bresko
If you need help, Click below for assistance
Course Introduction & InformationWelcome to Mr. Bresko's Remote PE Learning Information 2020
- Mr. Bresko
- School email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30-8:00 or 2:30 - 3:00
Any questions/comments on assignments or grades, do not hesitate to reach out and contact me. You can message me anytime in Canvas or by school email and I will get back to you ASAP!!
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
PE Standard 5: Students will recognize the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and social interaction
PE Standard 3: Students will demonstrate the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness
Health Standard 1: Students will comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention to enhance health
We will be breaking down PE weekly into 3 areas to explore the world of fitness.
- Fitness Lesson - Learning concepts of the why's, what's and how's to make us a life long fitness learning. ( Homework - Reflection Sheet)
- Weekly Workout - Introduction of different workouts (Links to an external site.) to complete that include the 5 Components of Fitness ( Homework - Weekly Workout Log)
- Wellness Tip - Tips to reduce stress and manage emotional, psychological, and social well-being. (Homework - Exit Ticket)
A weighted point system is used for final grade evaluation. The grading breakdown is as follows:
- Participation – 50% - Weekly Workout Logs are turned in to check your active participation of physical work
- Homework –40% - Will include turning in both your Fitness Lesson Reflection sheet and Wellness Tip Questionnaire
- Assessments - 10% - Every Month we will have a quiz on concepts learned
All late work and quizzes are due two weeks from the original Due Date. It is your responsibility to keep updated on your grades. Grades can be checked by looking online at LMS.
STAY ACTIVE, STAY HEALTHY,
Looking forward to a Wonderful School Year!!
" Physical Fitness is the basis for all other forms of excellence" President John F. Kennedy