Ch. 11 & 12
Listen to these chapters and continue answering questions, getting ready for the essay.
- Why has Janie decided not to be nice to Tea Cake anymore?
- Why isn’t Janie mean to Tea Cake when he comes back? 101
- Why does Janie like going fishing in the middle of the night? 102
- Why doesn’t Hezekiah want Janie walking home with Tea Cake? 103
- So far, what has Tea Cake asked Janie for? 103
- What do you think he wants from Janie? 103
- How does Janie blow off Tea Cake? 104
- Think about the way Janie thinks about Tea Cake compared to the way Janie thinks about Joe. How has Janie changed? 105
- Why does Janie say she and Tea Cake should not date? 105
- What does Tea Cake think about this?
- What does Tea Cake represent to Janie that she had wanted so many years before? 106
- How many days is Tea Cake gone after the first time he and Janie get together? 108
- How does Tea Cake say he feels about Janie? 109
- How does the town react to Janie being with Tea Cake? 110
- What kind of activities do Janie and Tea Cake do together? 110
- Why does Sam think Tea Cake is dating Janie? 111
- Why do the townspeople think Tea Cake is spending money on Janie? 111
- How does Janie feel about going places with Tea Cake? 112
- Why does Janie say she never went around before?
- Why does Janie admit she wore the mourning clothes (black and white)? 113
- What does Janie tell Pheoby she and Tea Cake are going to do?
- Why had Janie said that she and Tea Cake need to leave town? 114
- Do you think Janie is foolish to trust Tea Cake? Explain?