Read Ch. 13 & Discuss Essay
Listen to these chapters and continue answering questions, getting ready for the essay.
- How do we know Janie doesn’t entirely trust Tea Cake? 117
- What is missing? 118
- What happened to Mrs. Tyler? 119
- What does Tea Cake say he did with the money? 122
- How much money does he have left? 124
- Do you believe his story? Why?
- Why does Tea Cake say he did not invite Janie ? 124
- How does Tea Cake say he will pay Janie back? 125
- What happened to Tea Cake? 126
- What does Tea Cake decide about money? 128
- Do you think Tea Cake’s decision is a good one? How do you think it will effect his relationship with Janie?
- How does Janie describe to Everglades? 129
- What will Tea Cake do for work in the Glades? 130
- What does Tea Cake want to teach Janie now? 131
- How well did Janie learn to shoot? 131
- What kind of people are coming in the pick the beans? 131
- What do the people do with their money? 132
- Why does Janie think Tea Cake is coming home during the day? 133
- Why does Tea Cake say he comes home? 133
- What is Tea Cake’s solution to the problem? 133
- What is Janie’s reaction to Tea Cake’s proposal? 133
- What did the people think about Janie originally? 133
- Why did they change their mind about her?
- How is Janie’s life similar to when she was in Eatonville?134
- How is Janie’s life different?
- Why is Janie jealous? 137
- What does Tea Cake do to stop Nunkie? 137
- What does Janie finally do to stop Nunkie?