Read Ch. 14, 15, 16
Listen to these chapters and continue answering questions, getting ready for the essay.
- How does Janie describe to Everglades? 129
- What will Tea Cake do for work in the Glades? 130
- What does Tea Cake want to teach Janie now? 131
- How well did Janie learn to shoot? 131
- What kind of people are coming in the pick the beans? 131
- What do the people do with their money? 132
- Why does Janie think Tea Cake is coming home during the day? 133
- Why does Tea Cake say he comes home? 133
- What is Tea Cake’s solution to the problem? 133
- What is Janie’s reaction to Tea Cake’s proposal? 133
- What did the people think about Janie originally? 133
- Why did they change their mind about her?
- How is Janie’s life similar to when she was in Eatonville?134
- How is Janie’s life different?
- Why is Janie jealous? 137
- What does Tea Cake do to stop Nunkie? 137
- What does Janie finally do to stop Nunkie?
- What is different about Mrs. Turner’s appearance? 140
- Why did Mrs. Turner like Janie? 140
- What subject does Mrs. Turner dislike? 140
- What is it Janie says she likes about Tea Cake? 141
- What do you think Mrs. Turner means by class off? 141
- Why does Mrs. Turner want Janie to meet her brother? 143
- How does Janie react to that? 143
- What does Tea Cake decide about Mrs. Turner? 143
- What does he decide about her restaurant? 143
- Why does Tea Cake decide not to tell off Mr. Turner? 144
- Why does Mrs. Turner think it is okay for Janie to be rude to her? 144
- According to the narrator, whom does Mrs. Turner worship? 145