How to register for kindergarten
Kindergarten registration began Jan. 23, 2017, at your neighborhood school for 2017-18 enrollment.
All children entering kindergarten in 2017-18 must be 5 years old by August 31, 2017.
Registration forms for the 2017-18 school year are available online as of Jan. 16, and in all elementary schools as of Jan. 18. You may register your child at your neighborhood school during school office hours. Please check with your neighborhood school office for exact registration times.
To learn which school your child will attend, click School and Route Finder or contact the Transportation office at
425-385-4144. A district map is online.
The day you register your child, please bring the completed registration forms as well as the following required items:
- Child's registered birth certificate (issued by the county of your child's birth) or passport documentation. Birth certificates for children born in Washington state may be obtained at the Snohomish County Health District Vital Statistics office. Call 425-339-5290 or request online at http://www.snohd.org. Out-of-state birth certificates may be ordered from http://www.vitalchek.com.
- Current proof of residency. A utility bill, rental agreement, homeowner's policy, etc. The document must show the parent/guardian's name and address.
- Certificate of Immunization and Child's Health History. Contact your child's physician or the Snohomish County Health District at 425-339-5220 regarding information about vaccinations and updates. A parent's guide to immunizations is also available through the Snohomish County Health District's website.
- Parenting plan/court order, if applicable.
- Proof of guardianship if student is living with an adult other than the parent.