Everett Public Schools is dedicated to implementing an equitable, accessible, and sustainable system through the following steps:
- Prepare action steps as a leadership team for each goal area (leadership, teaching, learning, assessment, outreach, and infrastructure) and integrate into the Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Budget financial resources to sustainably fund the various digital, human, and technological resources necessary to meet the goals of the plan from capital, general fund, and other sources.
- Coordinate with school administration, associations’ leadership, operational managers, directors, and cabinet leadership to identify activities and outcomes leveraging technology in the annual operating plan, department plans, and school improvement plans.
- Use advisory councils and strategic partnerships to review plans and progress toward plans’ goals.
- Install robust infrastructure in advance of device deployment to assure equitable access to high-speed 24/7 connectivity.
- Expand building staff to address both technical and instructional support for the expansion and utilization of technology.
- Coordinate with curriculum, instruction, special education, categorical programs, and assessment departments related to a core instructional design to align learning technology tools to instructional and curricular goals and universal access.
- Develop technology proficiency expectations and accompanying professional development offerings in collaboration with each district working group.
- Plan with shared leadership team training for all teachers’ abilities to reach proficient and distinguished levels in effectively creating technology–transformed learning environments.
- Review annually the effectiveness and efficiency of deployment/upgrade plans for central systems to confirm or reconsider short-term and long-term requirements, assure equitable access, and upgrade or update as needed.
- Review annually roles and responsibilities for plan’s action steps and re-evaluate targets.