Family conversations are held to increase collaboration around specific topics between parent and student representatives from specific groups. It is a gathering where students, parents and family members meet to share ideas, engage in discussions, and learn about best practices for student success.
Family conversations are held to:
- Increase the level of collaboration around the topic of graduation rates between parents of students representing specific groups with the largest achievement gap and the district.
- Bring a sense of belonging and provide a forum for families to express their gratitude and concerns.
- Afford parents the opportunity to network with other families and establish systems of support that benefit our students.
Upcoming and ongoing family conversations:
- African/African-American - Wednesday, April 24, 2019
- LGBTQ - Wednesday, April 10, 2019
- Native-American - Thursday, April 25, 2019