Tambark Creek Elementary
Tambark Creek Elementary Information
Tambark Creek Elementary opened fall of 2019. Located at 4419 180th St. SE, just east of Sunset Rd., the school is home for 600 students in grades K-5.
Ms. Celia O’Connor-Weaver, is the principal at Tambark Creek Elementary School, and Ms. Monique Beane is the assistant principal. Approximately 60 faculty and staff work to support student learning. The school has 30 classrooms, an administrative office, library, gymnasium, a cafeteria, kitchen, covered play area, and playfields. The site also has a protected wetlands area, which will be used for outdoor learning.
The Educational Specifications developed to guide design of Elementary School 18 include eight guiding principles:
- Natural light supports learning and wellness.
- Access to nature extends learning beyond the classroom.
- Learning environments are flexible and adjust to meet various needs and learning styles.
- Our school community is accessible, inclusive, and welcoming to all.
- Care is taken in creating spaces that inspire.
- The school atmosphere supports community partnerships and collaboration.
- Visibility and transparency promotes connectivity.
- Our school and its culture foster a safe and secure learning community.