Parking lot safety reminders -- and volunteers needed!
The Jefferson parking lot is a busy place, and we are asking that everyone in our community follow procedures to ensure student safety and respectful interactions.
- Use a designated parking space, or park at Eastmont Park & Ride, if you want to get out of your car to meet your student.
- Follow the 5 MPH speed limit.
- Pull forward when dropping off and picking up.
- Use crosswalks.
- Follow adult staff and student safety patrol directions.
- Remember that students are supervised until 3:45, and parking spaces and the pick-up line start clearing up about 3:40.
Please DO NOT:
- Park/exit your vehicle anywhere along the curb or on Cadet Way/El Capitan.
- Pull up and wait (without using a parking space) in the parking aisles of the lot.
- Park and wait (or exit your vehicle) in the curb area past the main crosswalk by the office.
- Call your student to walk across the parking lot to meet you on their own.
- Block driveways or intersections in the neighborhood.
We would love parent volunteer help in the parking lot before and after school. Please contact the office if you would like to join this effort!