Parking Lot Reminders
The safety of your children and all of our Jefferson students is our number one priority. To help facilitate this, we have established the following safety procedures for picking up your students in the Parent Pick Up Lane. Thank you for your cooperation in making this a safe year here at Jefferson!
We encourage families to use the Eastmont Park and Ride (0.2 miles away) and enjoy the easy walk to pick up your students.
All students who are designated Parent Pick Up will be in line by grade level in front of the school.
- Enter the Parent Pick Up area from El Capitan and pull all the way to the front of the building. Please be kind to our neighbors by leaving their driveways unblocked while waiting in line.
- Please stay in your car. Staff members are there to escort or direct your students to their vehicle.
- Parents wishing to exit their vehicle must park in the designated parking area before exiting their vehicle.
- Please use the Parent Pick Up Lane only. Please respect the signs that say "No student drop-off or pick up." This is for the safety of your students.
- Please use our crosswalks and respect the Jefferson Safety Patrol as they monitor and manage the crosswalks. Thank you for not blocking the crosswalks or cars in the parking lot.
- Students are not permitted to go into the parking lot unescorted. If you park, you will need to exit your vehicle to come and get your students.
- Please respect the designated Handicap parking spots. Those spots should be reserved for students who are traveling to the parking lot, and parents who are exiting their vehicle.
To expedite the parent pick up line, fold a sheet of paper in half and boldly write your student(s)' name on the bottom. Place it on your passenger side dashboard so staff will be able to quickly have your student ready for pick up.
Thank you for helping us get all students home safe!