SUMMER READING IS HERE!
Summer Hours: June 26-30; July 19; August 14-31
- Read ONE required, grade-level book
- Read MORE books of your choice at your grade/reading level. Suggestions provided, but please read for FUN this summer!
- Do ONE activity per book to track your reading. Click here for details!
English I and English I Honors: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
English II and English II Honors: Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
English III and English III Honors: Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
English IV / EVCC College Prep: Maus by Art Spiegelman / Songs of Willow Frost by Jamie Ford
AP Literature: 1984 by George Orwell
AP Language: Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
AP Seminar: Curated Book List Available Here updated 6/13/17
We LOVE our 2017-2018 BOTB list!
Consider one of these books for your 2nd summer reading book!
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
- Ghost by Jason Reynolds
- Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley
- Kids of Appetite by David Arnold
- Man Called Ove by Fredrik
- Passion of Dolssa by Julie Berry
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- Royce Rolls by Margaret Stohl
- Sabotage: The Mission to Destroy Hitler's Atomic Bomb by Neal Bascomb
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
- Samurai Rising by Pamela Turner
- Scythe by Neal Shusterman
- Serpent King by Jeff Zentner
- Smell of Other People's Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock
- Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
- Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
- Those Who Wish Me Dead by Michael Kortya
- We are All Made of Molecules by Susin Nielsen
Congratulations to our
Cascade High School
Battle of the Books teams for placing
1st, 2nd and tying for 3rd in the
district Battle of the Books Competition
between Everett, Cascade and Jackson High Schools!
1st Place Winners!!!
Beauty and the Book
2nd Place Winners!
3rd Place tie with Jackson HS
The Unknown Bananas
Monday & Wednesday 7 AM - 3 PM
Tuesdays & Thursdays 7 AM - 3: 30 PM Bruin Success time
Friday 7 AM - 1 PM
(Closed at 1 PM for LIF days)