What is consider to be ‘’EXCUSED’’?
To be considered as EXCUSED,
an absence or tardy must fit into any of the following categories:
State Attendance and the BECCA Law(RCW 28A.225.020-030)
- Illness, health condition,
medical emergency, healthcare appointment (medical, dental, eye care,
- Religious purposes/
observance of a religious holiday/ participation in religious instruction
- Family emergency and bereavement
- Pre-arranged absences
- Authorized school activity
/ Educational program visitation or scholarship interview
- Absences deemed
appropriate by an Administrator
- Court appearances
- While the goal of the Everett School
District is to intervene with students to improve their attendance,
schools are required by State Statute to report to the Courts unexcused
absences totaling 7 days in any month or 10 days overall. Court
petitions are required even if attendance has improved due to
Attendance information to know.
· Attendance email is NORAttendance@everettsd.org or you sending a Excused Absence Form: to the attendance office **Please use this form when students return to school from an absence**
· Homework request can be
requested on the 3rd day
of the student absence, but the parent can always reach out sooner to the
teacher via email.
Pre-Arranged Form please use this form for pre-arranged absence, please make sure that the from is completed and brought to the office final sign of.