Every morning we start off the day with a warm greeting and smiles. I give my students Class Dojo points, an online behavior system, to reinforce positive behavior and motivate them to reach our focus goal. I want my special students to achieve growth in reading and math and feel proud of themselves
I teach 23 Elementary Resource students from Kindergarten - Grade 5 in one of the elementary schools in US. I have a heterogeneous group of students whose age ranges from 6-10 years old with various exceptional needs. Most of my students are visual and kinesthetic learners. They learn better using multi-sensory approach and multimedia. I believe that using technology and multimedia provide creative pathways to help my students be more engage in learning. In this manner, learning will be meaningful to them because they are having fun.
My students need ten Acer Chromebooks to improve their reading, math, and technological skills. My students will use the Chromebooks to do the following activities with my support:
1. Create and publish their narrative, informative, and opinion writings using the graphic organizers that I provided and save it in the Google drive.
2. Create and present Powerpoint presentations about their book reports, their favorite interest and memories, things that they learned in the class and to share about themselves.
3.Research on a given topic using internet to learn more facts about their homework and classwork
4. Practice keyboarding using online free typing program to prepare them for 21st century skills needed in the workforce
5.Learn reading, math, science, and other concepts using educational websites such as starfall, IXL, Moby Max, Hooda Math, Fun Brain, PBS Kids, Discovery Kids etc.
6. Create profile and save documents in Goggle drive.
7. Share their stories and class work online with their peers and teachers.
The donations for this project will improve literacy, math and technological skills among my students. They will experience learning in a meaningful and engaging way. My students' lives will change for the better because I will be able to equip them with the necessary skills to be a functional member of our society. Despite their exceptionalities, they will feel empowered and confident to handle tasks entrusted to them. They will be able to contribute their learning and be productive citizens. « hide