Port Gardner accepts new students at the beginning of the school year and at the semester. The requirements are listed below.
First Semester Enrollment:
- Grades K- 8th Open Enrollment
- Grades 9-12th One semester of documented successful homeschool experience teaching a student age 8 or above or parent is a certificated teacher.
Second Semester Enrollment:
- Grades K-2nd Open Enrollment
- Grades 3- 12th One semester of documented successful homeschool experience teaching a student age 8 or above or parent is a certificated teacher.
Due to required Parent Training Classes, enrollment paperwork must be received and approved no later than one week prior to the start date of each semester. To register you can visit the district website https://www.everettsd.org/Page/36681 and click on "Register Online" or download an Enrollment Form, complete it and bring it to our office.
You will also need to submit to our office any IEP or 504 Plans - below are a few frequently asked questions:
Q: Can students with an IEP attend PGS?
A: Possibly. The student’s IEP team reviews the current IEP and evaluation to determine if the support needed can be met at Port Gardner. A special education teacher at the student’s attendance boundary school typically provides on-going special education services.
Q: Can students with a 504 attend PGS?
A: Yes, the student’s 504 case manager will be the school counselor who reviews the 504 annually.
New Family Training:
- When your enrollment is approved, you will be required to attend a series of mandatory training classes. These classes are designed to help you get off to a successful start in our program and as a parent educator.
We look forward to working with you and your family!