Reading Recommendations 4th Grade and Beyond!
Select the link above to go to Forest View's Student tools tab. This is where you can access NG Connect and iREADY!
Gateway Middle School has created a fantastic new list of 50 outstanding books written over the last year.
Transition to 6th Grade Book Recommendations:
This list, divided into the categories of Literature and Nonfiction/Informational Text, comprises titles related to the themes and content of the each language arts unit. For their independent reading, students can select from this wide array of titles, which have been chosen based on complexity and interest.
Also, in 6th grade, students will be learning about ancient civilizations as a social studies topic. Any book that covers Mesopotamia, Egypt, Greece, Rome, China, Aztec, Inca, Maya would help students build background knowledge for next year!
Book Recommendations Websites:
- King County Library System Kids Lists: A fantastic resource of great book ideas from KCLS.
- Guys Read: A site created to give recommendations for books that might especially appeal to boys.
- Teen Reads: A site by teens for teens with reviews, ultimate reading lists, polls, and the latest news on books and movies.
- Sno-Isle Teens: A fantastic site that directs you to the teen page at the Mill Creek Library. Find book recommendations, reviews, and events here. Also, use this link to find digital content to borrow for your own devices.
- Common Sense Media: Common Sense is the nation's leading nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in the 21st century.