Thank you for visiting the donor information page! Here at Hawthorne, we are very thankful for the ongoing generosity of community members, local non-profits, businesses, churches, and voluntary organizations that support our students in a variety of ways.
In order to maximize the benefit to students, we have compiled some donation guidelines. Please review these guidelines if you or someone you know are considering a donation to Hawthorne.
Monetary donations can be made through the Everett Public Schools Foundation: https://www.everettsd.org/Page/4816
Please specify Hawthorne ES as the recipient of the donation to ensure funds are available for our school. Thank you!
Items we welcome:
- New/gently used clothing that conforms to our uniform standards. Click Here to see guidelines.
- New/gently used tennis or athletic shoes for boys and girls, sizes children 12 - women/men 8.
- New or gently used rain/snow boots for boys and girls, child sizes 12 - 4.
- New underwear for boys and girls, child sizes 5-18, for use in the health room.
- New coats (child sizes 6-18)
- Kid-size umbrellas
- Bicycle locks
- Kleenex and baby wipes for classrooms
- Grocery gift cards to Safeway, Fred Meyer, or WinCo (these allow families to purchase fresh produce, dairy, and meat, as well as culturally preferred foods)
- Family-size hygiene/cleaning supplies (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, toothpaste, laundry soap, dish soap, men’s and women’s deodorant)
- Lice kits
- New blankets/quilts
- New backpacks
- New jump ropes
- New headphones/earbuds
- New, easy to use alarm clocks
- Non-perishable food items**
When donating food items, please keep in mind the nutritional content. Rice, beans (dried or canned), stews and soups, canned meats, canned fruits and veggies, pudding, peanut butter, applesauce, granola bars, oatmeal, cereal, and pastas are great staple items. Grocery store gift cards (Safeway, Fred Meyer, Winco) are a great way to help families be able to purchase fresh produce, protein, and dairy as well as culturally preferred foods.
Items that we currently have a full supply of and don't need at this time:
- School supplies
- Travel size hygiene items
- Warm hats and gloves
Items we cannot accept:
- Car seats
- VHS tapes and DVDs
- Used toys
- Used socks or underwear
- Stained or torn clothing
- Expired food items
- Adult clothing
If you would like to donate gently used adult clothing, please consider New and Again Thrift Shoppe in Everett, which benefits Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County: http://dvs-snoco.org/support-new-again-thrift-shoppe/ or The Assistance League Thrift Store, which funds the Operation School Bell Clothing Program for students: https://www.assistanceleague.org/everett/thrift-shop/.
If you would like to donate gently used children's clothing, please consider Clothes for Kids in Lynnwood, which provides free clothing to area school-aged children and teens: http://www.clothesforkids.org/clothing-donation-money-donation/clothing-donations.