2022 Classroom Grant Winners
In 2022, the Everett Public Schools Foundation had 61 Classroom Grant applications and was able to fund 47 grants in 23 of our schools for a total of $35,443. Our Classroom Grants recognize the innovation and creativity of our teachers. This year, we were simply overwhelmed by the enthusiasm, dedication, and innovative thinking shown by our teachers. Their passion for education and their love for their students, as well as for their profession, was noticeable in every grant proposal we reviewed. Whether it was for STEM, increased literacy, or to prepare young minds for college or the workplace, one factor remained constant- These amazing educators just want to TEACH! Their determination not to let anything stand in the way of their desire to teach our students is nothing but courageous!
Congratulations to our winners!
Cascade High School:
- High Interest- Low Readers
- Promoting Multi-Language Learners Success through Reading and Research
Cedar Wood Elementary:
- Fostering Biliteracy, Inclusivity, and Multiculturalism Through Bilingual Books
- Busy Bee First Graders: Learning to Code with Bee Bots!
- Accommodating Sensory Needs
- Soaring on Stage
- "Art is an experience, not an object." (Robert Motherwell)
- Falcons SOARing!
Everett High School:
- Project I Heart Reading --The Freshmen Edition
- EHS Music Program California Performance Tour
Everett Virtual Academy:
- Virtual Stem Project
Evergreen Middle School:
- Heritage Students visit Sea Mar Museum of Chicano/a Latino/a Culture!
- Get in Touch with Our Emotional Intelligence
Forest View Elementary:
- Physical Education for Every Body!
- Skip Counting on the Kraken
- Clay Projects for Garfield!
- Embracing Diversity Through Literacy
HM Jackson High School:
- Community Access for All
- Van De Graff Machines for JHS Physics
- It's Primary! Building Orthographic Mapping Skills Through Phonics Kits
- Conscious Discipline for Social Emotional Learning
- Wiggle While You Work
- High Interest Low Readability Literature for Reluctant Older Readers
- Just Right Readers
- Bridging the Play Gap! (between PE and recess)
- Assistive Technology: Allow Students to Realize Their Potential
- Watch How We Grow!
- Water Safety for All!
Mill Creek Elementary:
- Burke Museum Boxes
- Future Engineers - Building Bridges Together
North Middle School:
- Transportation for Orchestra Festival
Penny Creek Elementary:
- Kindness Matters
- Sensory tools in the classroom
- Keep the Big Classes Rolling!
Sequoia High School:
- Sequoia Makerspace Development
- SEL for Alternative Education
Sequoia/Port Gardner School:
- Help Fill the Sequoia Squirrel Bookshelves
Silver Firs Elementary:
- Rocket Design
- Inspiring the Minds of our Readers and Writers at Silver Firs
Silver Lake Elementary:
- Providing pathways to ensure 3rd grade literacy for all students
- Building Foundational Reading Skills
- Sensory Items for Kindergarten Classroom
- Adaptive Seating for Classrooms to Support Neurodivergent Populations
- STEAM Learning Takes SHAPE in the Classroom
- Skills, Strategies, and Support for Student Success
- Outside Sensory Wiggles