English Language Arts
Epic! The Leading Digital Library for kids 12 & under. With libraries and schools closed, I signed you all up for Epic! It's a free digital book library. You can read/listen to AR books from your devices. There is a great selection of books. I will be creating optional topic collections around school topics we have studied. You can read those or anything that interests you. READ! READ! READ! The login information for our class is on our Team C-1 Google Classroom. Looks like you can only login during regular school hours when you would be in my classroom (9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.).
Scholastic Learn at Home. Even when schools are closed, you can keep the learning going with these special cross-curricular journeys. Every day includes four separate learning experiences, each built around a thrilling, meaningful story or video. Kids can do them on their own, with their families, or with their teachers. Just find your grade level and let the learning begin!
- Khan Academy 5th Grade CCSS Math: Learn fifth grade math—arithmetic with fractions and decimals, volume, unit conversion, graphing points, and more. This course is aligned with Common Core State Standards and has instructional videos, self-grading practice, and quizzes.
- SolveMe Puzzles. Logic and intro algebra puzzles to solve and create.
- Math at Our House: Math at Our House shares ideas for how you can raise awareness and share mathematics using everyday experiences and resources found around your home. It includes ideas for supporting your children’s learning in all areas of mathematics: geometry, measurement, statistics, algebra and number.
- NASA's Space Place --NASA Science for Kids: NASA's award-winning Space Place website engages upper-elementary-aged children in space and Earth science through interactive games, hands-on activities, and videos.
- Mystery Science: Open and go lessons that inspire kids to love science! Free. Just click on a topic.
- Code.Org: A great option for students getting started on their own. You'll learn the fundamentals of computer science with drag & drop blocks. Create your own drawings and games.
- PHET Interactive Simulations: PHET creates free interactive math and science simulations. PhET sims are based on extensive education research and engage students through an intuitive, game-like environment where students learn through exploration and discovery.
- The Jamestown Online Adventure: Can you do any better than the real colonists? You will have a copy of the London Company's Instructions to help guide you. Also, you can ask your fellow colonists and the Native Americans for advice. Be careful, though, because some advice is better than others!
- Digital History-The Colonial Era: A comprehensive collection of historical data on United States history. This site has it all and includes online textbook, interactive learning modules, timelines, flash movies, virtual exhibits, etc. This site is dedicated to using technology to enhance learning and is the perfect compliment to extend learning for students.
- Flocabulary: Hip-hop videos and creativity tools give teachers new ways to captivate students while engaging them in academically rigorous content. Team C-1 students can login through the Team C-1 Google Classroom using their EPS Google Account.
- EdHelper. Looking for worksheets and printables to do? EdHelper has lots of them for all subjects and in many grade levels. AND it is free right now.
- BrainPop: Animated Educational Site for Kids - Science, Social Studies, English, Math, Arts & Music, Health, and Technology. It's Free right now.
- Art for Kids Hub: A student favoite site. Step by step guided art lessons with popular characters and topics.
- Toy Theater: Kids use virtual tools to build, create and animate.
- Chrome Music Lab: Kids can explore musical concepts and sounds.
- Classics for Kids: Offers videos, games, quizzes and activities about classical music composers.