Phone: (425) 385-6541
Degrees and Certifications:
BA: Culture, Literature, and the Arts (UWB) Professional Teacher Certification: Elementary MA: Education (UWB) Google Certified Educator: Level 1
Welcome to the 2020-2021 School Year!
About the Teacher: This is the start of my 4th year at Silver Firs Elementary but will be the start of my 19th year as an educator. Before coming to Silver Firs I was a teacher and instructional coach at both Green Gables Elementary (5th grade) and Lakota Middle School (7th grade) for eight years in the Federal Way School District. Prior to my time in Federal Way, I taught in Shoreline School District for seven years as a 5th grade classroom teacher, a 3rd-6th interventionist, and a 5th/6th Highly Capable self-contained district magnet teacher.
I believe in building a strong community within our classroom. This year we will become a classroom of learners who support and encourage one another to do our very best. Our classroom is a place where all students are respected and valued. We will work together to create a social contract that outlines our goals and actions for becoming a true classroom community. We will work toward the standards with our own unique learning style and pace. We will become readers, writers, problem-solvers, and friends. I believe that families are an essential key to a child’s success in school, and I am thrilled to be working with you in developing a passion for life-long learning in your child. Please do not hesitate to contact me throughout the year!
Mrs. Melissa Storms
Getting to Know Mrs. Storms
- I grew up in the Mojave Desert in California.
- I married my wonderful husband, Drew, in May of 2007.
- I had my first son, Jaxon (Jax), in 2008. He is 12 and is a 7th grader at Gateway Middle School.
- I had my second son, Austin (AJ), in 2014. He is 6 and our Super Bowl Hawk Baby! He is in 1st Grade at Silver Firs.
- I LOVE to read books and spend time with family and friends.
- We have been Seahawks season ticket holders for 15 years. Go Hawks!
- I have attended UW Bothell for my Bachelors, Teacher Certification, and Masters degrees. Go Dawgs! WOOF!
- This is the start of my 19th year in education with 12 years of it teaching 5th grade.
- I have taught reading/math intervention, 5/6 Highly Capable, and been an instructional coach of teachers.
- I love Disneyland, Star Wars, Marvel, and Harry Potter.
Upcoming in Team C-1
There are no upcoming events to display.