How do I know if my Child has an Overdue Book or a Fine?
You can view overdue books by going to Destiny Discover. In addition, you will get an automated email regarding a book your child has not returned.
Directions to View Fines in Destiny
- Click the login button in the top right corner
- Login with their student id number as both their username and password
- On the top bar, click on 'my stuff'
- You can choose to see books checked out and when they were due as well as fines
How do I Return Overdue Books?
You may return overdue books by sending it in with your child to school. Students may drop off overdue books even if it is not their library day. They will be able to check out a new book the following week on their library day. You may also drop off the book with the front office.
What Happens if my Child Loses a Library Book?
There are a few options if your child has lost a library book. Please email me to let me know which option you would like to proceed with so that I can clear your child's account quickly and get them back to checking out ASAP!
- Replace the book with a new or used copy of the same book (purchase from used book store, amazon). If your child had a paperback book, replace it with a paperback. If your child had a hardback book, replace it with a hardback book. I recommend this option since it is usually easier for everybody!
- Pay the fine with our office manager or click here to pay online with the school district
- Request a waiver- send an email or letter to our schools office manager or fill out the form with the link below to submit to the school office.click here for request for fine waiver form pdf.
- Donate a book to our school's little library. You may send a book from home in with your student and they can donate it to the school little library out front by the kiss and go line.
If the lost book is found after you have already replaced or paid the fine, you may request a refund.
Your child will only be allowed to check out one book if they have a lost book. They will only be allowed to checkout a book to read in the classroom and not be able to take home books until lost books are returned or their fine is paid.