Social-Emotional Learning During Remote Learning:
MindUP has a variety of video resources to support students in learning the language of emotions and to use their words to express how they're feeling. This is a curriculum within the Achieve program but is open to all.
- Select a video and practice the skill. After watching the video your student can reflect (talk, write, draw) on the skills and share times they might use it to help them.
- Depending on your student’s needs they can engage in this activity once a week to daily for 15-30 minutes
Watch a Mind Up video and practice a skill. Videos must be watched on a personal device since student devices filter Vimeo.
Additional Social-Emotional Resources for Students and Families
- Talking to Kids About Corona Virus
- Coping Skills for Kids
- Social Distancing Story for Kids
- The Pixel Counselor - Social-Emotional Learning through Books!
- The Imagine Neighborhood - An interactive podcast for everyone in the family, kids, and adults, to explore different feelings we all have!
- WhyTry: "The Parent Guide to Resilience" - Family Resources for Teaching Resilience
- PBS Family Activities