Welcome to Ms. Khan-Calhoun's Class
Thank your for looking at my webpage and all you are doing to support the learning and overall well-being of the children we cherish.
The Everett Public Schools homepage: everettsd.org
is updated regularly to provide you a place with the latest information and a hub for numerous resources.
The “Parents” tab will provide you with Learning Engagement There is an Elementary tab and a Special Programs tab which will give you a list of Elementary IEP Resources. There are many ideas listed under different categories to help your child continue to practice skills. We know that each of our students has a unique profile and assignments may need to be accommodated and/or modified.
- You will also see Family Tech Support under this tab.
Navigating the new systems is difficult and our technology department is working hard to support all of us.
- Many of our students are already familiar with the Student tab on the Everett website. The Student Tools page will allow students to access many educational resources.
- On my website under Interesting Web Resources I have a link to the Social Thinking website. On this site you will find comprehensive information relating to social emotional/behavioral support. This will help you with reinforcing concepts your child has been taught, especially if they qualify for Social/Behavior instruction.
- The other important link on this page is Google Classroom. This is where they can interact with me and review concepts we have worked on this school year.
Also you can access Google Classroom from home by: (make sure you are signed out of your Google accounts)
- Go to classroom.google.com
- Log in with your child's 6 digit studentID- ######@apps.everettsd.org (should be redirected to EPS sign in)
- Log in to EPS. User ID is student ID/student lunch #, password is the same (unless they have changed it).
- Students should then have access to Mrs. Calhoun’s Class
Please get on Google Classroom with your child and encourage them to attempt my suggestions. I truly understand that everyone’s best will look different. I greatly appreciate reading responses in my Google Classroom! Please let your children know how happy it makes me when I hear from them, along with how important it is for them to review what they have been taught.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly whenever you have questions or want to share how your child is doing. I miss my students with all my heart and think of them every day.
Resource Room Teacher and Special Education case manager