Get Ready for the Spring i-Ready Diagnostic
Starting June 1, all students in grades K-5, and all 6-8 grade students at Evergreen Middle School and Port Gardner will be taking the Spring i-Ready diagnostic. This diagnostic can be taken anywhere you have an internet connection and a computer, laptop or i-Pad (no other mobile devices or tablets are compatible at this time).
The i-Ready diagnostic gives important information about your student’s learning and helps teachers to understand what your student knows and doesn’t yet know. This diagnostic will reset your student’s personal learning path so that they can continue learning over the summer.
See the video below for more information for more information on proctoring the i-Ready Diagnostic at home!!
Your student will click on i-Ready from the Students page on our district website and log in via their district username and password. If your student is using an iPad, you will need to download both the i-Ready app and the Clever app. Instructions are in the QuickLinks at the right.
- The diagnostic is designed to determine what your child knows and doesn’t yet know. It is not like a standard assessment.
- The diagnostic is a computer adaptive test, so as your student answers a question correctly, they will get a harder question; if your student answers a question incorrectly, they will get an easier question. In that way, the test will zero in more accurately on your student’s learning level.
- You student will find this test challenging, and that’s okay. Your student will see questions on material he or she has not yet learned. In this way, we can get the most accurate picture of your student’s learning.
- It is important for us to know what your student is not yet able to do because the results of the diagnostic assessment determine the lessons your student will be assigned.
- Please be there to proctor the diagnostic, however your student should do the diagnostic alone without assistance, including the use of a calculator or dictionary.
- Once your student has completed the diagnostics, your student can begin the online lessons.
- If you have questions or problems with the diagnostic, reach out to your child’s teacher, or email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your student cannot remember their password, please email email@example.com or call 425-385-4200.
Taking the i-Ready Diagnostic Videos