Mrs. Hodkinson's Class
Welcome to 4th grade!Hi families! During the school closure I will be providing learning opportunities for your child to continue achieving their academic goals for 4th grade. I am going to be using Google Classroom to post information and weekly work for my students such as videos, read aloud books, math, ELA, and writing materials. It is important them to keep up the great learning we have done this year to prepare for 5th grade.We are using these online learning platforms: Google Classroom (sign in with lunch ID number for username and password) & iReady from the Everett Public Schools website under Student Tools. It is important to make sure you log yourself out of Google email to sign your student in. I have added a link for tutorial videos about accessing online learning under Interesting Web Resources.I am adding in Khan Academy Math and Reading lessons beginning 3/26 to provide for additional differentiation of instruction. The log-in code link is posted in our Google Classroom. In addition, I have posted a recommended daily schedule to the home page. It is not mandatory but it does provide families with a guide for structure and ideas for time frames for each content area. You will see that the schedule does not have kids working all day long. In fact, it is a schedule I am following with my own kids and their at-home learning and allows for physical activity, creativity, and family time. Feel free to tailor it to what works best for your family. If you need to move it to afternoon/evening, do that. Each week, I will post the assignments for the week to Google Classroom and send it to families as well. Please have students work through the material a little each day so they do not get overwhelmed.Please let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything. My "office hours" 9 am to 3 pm via email Monday through Friday, and Fridays from 11:00 am - 12:00 pm I have an Open Zoom (I will email you a Zoom invite each Friday). I am also available upon request daily via Zoom by appointment through email request.Math:
- I am assigning Khan Academy lessons and units for math starting on 3/26. Each week, by Monday, I will assign the math for the week that will include a quiz by Friday.
- iReady online - I encourage students to pass two math lessons each week.
- I am assigned reading lessons and assessments on my Google Classroom by Monday each week, which will be due by Friday. It includes REACH for Reading, Khan Academy, and ReadWorks lessons and content.
- iReady - I encourage students to pass two Reading lessons each week.
- Read to Self at least 30 minutes a day. Kids can take AR (Accelerated Reader) tests on books they read online (through Everett Schools website; under Student Tools).
Daily Zoom Lessons:
- I will post assignments for writing to Google Classroom, along with due dates.
- Kids may do journal writing/free write and turn in writing of their choosing to me. If they opt to do this, I will read it and give them feedback.
- Monday through Friday, I am having Zoom Class Meetings, Lessons, and Interventions at 11:00 am. It is important for students to attend the Zoom lessons so they can be successful with their 4th grade online learning.