Donating to Emerson
Thank you for visiting the donor information page! Here at Emerson, we are very thankful for the ongoing generosity of community members, local non-profits, businesses, churches, and voluntary organizations that support our students in a variety of ways.
In order to maximize the benefit to students, we have compiled some donation guidelines. Please review these guidelines if you or someone you know are considering a donation to Emerson. If you have a question, please feel free to contact Deanna Kazen at (425) 385-6295 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items we welcome:
- New shoes for boys and girls, sizes children’s 12- women’s/men’s 8. New or gently used rain/snow boots may also be accepted on a limited basis. Tennis shoes or other athletic shoes are best. Please check with Deanna to see what sizes are most needed.
- New socks
- New underwear for boys and girls, sizes 6-10, for use in the health room
- Boys' and girls' pants and shirts, sizes 6-10 (for the health room)
- New coats (sizes 6-18)
- Gently used fleeces or sweatshirts, for boys and girls, sizes 6-18
- Scarves, gloves, and warm hats
- Kleenex and baby wipes for classrooms
- Grocery gift cards to Safeway or WinCo (these allow families to purchase fresh produce, dairy, and meat, as well as culturally preferred foods)
- Family-size hygiene/cleaning supplies (shampoo, lotion, soap, toothpaste, laundry soap, dish soap, men’s and women’s deodorant)
- Lice kits
- New jump ropes
- New alarm clocks
- New paperback books (Kinder-4th grade reading levels) for morning reading time
- Non-perishable food items**
When donating food items, please keep in mind nutritional content. Rice, beans (dried or canned), stews and soups, canned meats, canned fruits and veggies, pudding, peanut butter, applesauce, granola bars, oatmeal, cereal, and pastas are great staple items.
Items that we currently have a full supply of:
- Travel size hygiene items
Items that may be accepted:
Please check with Deanna before donating the following items
- Household goods (kitchen items, linens)
- Gently used furniture (typically dining/kitchen tables and chairs, dressers, and couches)
- Baby items
- *If you have a large donation that needs to be transported using a truck or other such large vehicle and do not have a way to transport it yourself, we unfortunately cannot accept it.
Items we cannot accept:
- VHS tapes and DVDs
- Used socks or underwear
- Stained or torn clothing
- Expired food items