Emergency Closures and Late Start Information
How to find emergency school schedule information (usually available by 5:30 a.m.):
- FlashAlert.net You can subscribe to receive notices at the same time those notices are sent to media outlets, or you can bookmark this site to check for a listing of regional school emergency schedule information.
- Media news reports (Media get information from FlashAlert.net).
- Everett Public Schools website.
- Blackboard Connect* calls made to school families beginning at 5:45 a.m.
*Please be sure your contact information is up to date at your school.
- Everett Public Schools social media Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Program impact chart outlines how various school programs and activities are impacted when school is cancelled or starts late.
"No announcement" means schools have normal schedules.
Except in extreme situations when verified information is available more than 24 hours in advance, each emergency school schedule announcement is made on a day-by-day basis.
Emergency school schedule announcements are sent to media as early as possible in the morning. Blackboard Connect calls to families are sent beginning at 5:45 a.m.
School bus snow routes.
School drop off and pick up spots may change during emergency situations. If your child rides a bus to school, please become familiar with snow route information on the website.
Emergency early dismissal
Emergency conditions during the school day could require schools to close early and release students before the end of the normal school day.
This happens rarely and is used only as a "last resort." In these rare circumstances, families are notified of an early dismissal by the same methods listed above for emergency school schedule notifications.
If school is dismissed early, authorized persons (identified on the school emergency form) may pick up students. School staff will remain at school until all students have left.
Family emergency plans
Questions to consider as you make emergency plans and some emergency website resources:
- What is the best route to and from home if your child cannot be dropped off at the normal bus stop? (What is the "snow route" for your school bus?)
- Where should your child go if they need help?
- Who would care for your child if you were not able to come home in an emergency?
- Is there someone your child could call to calm fears?
- How will you communicate with family members if power or telephone service is interrupted?
- Where do you keep emergency supplies, including a battery operated radio?
Each school year parents are asked to update student enrollment information.
Your student enrollment information form includes contacts used in emergencies or if a child becomes ill at school.
Please call your school if your phone number or emergency contact information changes at any time during the school year. This is the contact information used by the Everett Public Schools automated phone system in emergencies and to share important school information with families.