Schedule Change Information
Student schedule corrections will only be made for the following reasons:
- Required course.
- Inappropriate skill level/placement.
- Lack of prerequisite.
- Taken and previously received credit.
- Failed subject with the same teacher.
- Mechanical error.
Student schedule corrections will not be made based on lunch, period or teacher preferences. Student schedules reflect what they signed up for during spring pre-registration.
If your request does not fit the above criteria, a schedule change cannot occur.
Schedule corrections can only occur through the 5th day of each semester.
If a student has a conflict with a specific teacher, he/she needs to meet with the teacher/parent/administrator to work out a solution to the conflict.
Requests to drop Honors, College in the High School and/or Advanced Placement Courses
Because the master schedule was built based on student requests, and teachers have already been hired, as a rule, students cannot drop one of these classes. If a student believes they have a valid reason to drop, follow this procedure:
- Student and parent meet with teacher.
- Teacher makes recommendation to the counselor
- Counselor contacts the principal for approval
- Student continues to attend AP class until contacted by the principal or the counselor