Report Bullying and Harassment
Second Step Anti-Bullying Lessons
At Evergreen Middle School, we recognize that students need to learn how to recognize bullying, what to do when a bullying situation arises, and how to report it. Through Second Step lessons, students learn all of these things. See below for a few examples of Second Step lessons around this topic.
At Evegreen Middle School, when conflict arises students will have the opportunity to participate in a restorative conference. The purpose of the restorative conference is to repair harm that has been done between a victim and an offender or when both people are victims and offenders. If students agree to the conference then students will be led throigh a series of questions that work toward a solution and repairing harm that has been done.
- What happened?
- What were you thinking about at the time?
- What have you thought about since the incident?
- Who do you think has been affected by your actions?
- How have they been affected?
- What has been the hardest thing about this for you?
- What do you think needs to be done to make things right?